Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello jkanaris

No as the larger dealer is the Apple store and even they can't get any from their own company. Apple is shorting all the larger models to everyone even their own stores it seems.

It all seems pretty haphazard to me, Meomix, especially Rogers' online reservation number system.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jkanaris

I know it does. I know. But the fact is that Apple needs more supply for everyone and opening up in China the world's largest carrier isn't making anything better now at all. Apple needs to learn from this.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What's really sad to me is that Rogers doesn't care. It doesn't need to care (in fact they may not even notice) since customers continue to line up for the product, despite their (Apple's) inability to supply. They're not suffering a hit business-wise which means they don't really need to care.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

One other problem is that apple uses container ships from china because Air is to expensive.  

With the cost of fuel rising those ships travel slower and take around 3 to 4 week to cross.  

When we do get our order they will probably have sent enough to have flooded the market and you will be able to pick any phone size up from any store in the country.  

my guess is 2 to 3 weeks to make them 3 to 4 weeks to ship them 3 to 5 days in customs I would say apple will be shipping them to suppliers early next week we should have them the end of the week after that whether you are number 2 in line or you order tonight and are number 4000 we will all get them at the same time... Just in time for Remembrance Day

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jkanaris

In all due respect what carrier does?. Rogers should have communicated a bit better things like this but they would say the same thing I have been saying or others have said. It would be nice if they did tho. They wouldn't give a ETA.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pgguru

I had the same thought last night. Indeed they only use a 747 BOEING for the first shipments and then the others are shipped via container ships. That was proved last year and the year before.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello jkanaris

In all due respect what carrier does?...

That's exactly my point, Meomix. It's simply not on the radar when the demand is there. If demand wasn't there, then companies would pay heed.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Mayeb Rogers should follow Bell's lead?

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/bell/bell-iphone-6-plus-order-status/

I know, Iknow ... Rogers is already offering a free speaker ("as long as supply lasts").

What they haven't done but Bell has is to actually email their customers with an explanation and apology!!!

That is what Customer Relations is all about.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SpeedyC

They stopped offering the speaker as of October 1st. Got pushed back. So whoever reserved it after that date won't get one.

I do agree they should either give a small discount or better yet a explaining whats going on and a appolize like u said
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jkanaris

I agree 100% with u on that.