Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

I am very disappointed with Rogers Plus.

As per UPS, two packaged was shipped my phone and the speakers.  Was shipped to the store on Dec 31st.  Waited for a call, but nothing so I decided to call tonight.

I could not believe what they were telling me on the phone.  They only received my speaker, but no phone.  Even told them the person's name who signed for the package and they told me they have not heard of that name.

There seems to be something fishy going on......seems like my phone may have been sold to someone else?

Told me they had escalated to head office........hopefully, its not going to be too long.  Rogers Plus should have given me a call, instead of me giving them a call.  Only have until the 6th to pick up before it gets sold to someone else. Told me not to worry, as they do not have the phone.

Hopefully, they are being truthful

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Armani

Honestly from what it sounds like it sounds like either A. The phone has shipped to the store and a rep that wants trained properly sold it to someone else and didn't tell anyone. Or B. The only thing that was shipped was the Bluetooth Speaker and not the phone. The reps could be saying they don't know that person as they rather protect them or something.

Hopefully they did escalated it to head office and see where it goes. Unfortunately this has happened in the past with other reservation devices and has happened once to me.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Meowmix......you have been very helpful.  Greatly appreciated! 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Armani

You are welcome.. I wish i could have been more helpful with everything
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well, having your issue escalated doesn't mean it will be resolved (speaking from personal experience).

We had a unit shipped and signed for at the store, only to find out they "didn't have it". I suspect someone at the store sold it to someone else. Rogers has never admitted this.

We walked into an Apple store on the weekend and had no problem picking up the phone we wanted. There was, however, another problem on the Rogers account which prevented us from getting the subsidized phone (so ANOTHER call to Rogers). The Apple rep did say that the telcos are their last priority for stock. All new stock will go to the Apple stores and their on-line store. Whatever is "leftover" goes to the telcos. For the past 3 years the Apple stores will sign up customers on any of the telcos. Or, you can purchase unlocked. I'm sure this has been mentioned here, before.

If you want a phone, just go straight to an Apple store.

I will NEVER get a phone through Rogers again.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Bokehman

Unfortunately this doesn't help the business or corporate customers. Apple stores have trouble accessing their account and must of the time can not access them. This does help regular customers but everyone on here still waiting are business and corporate customers with the exception of a few regular ones.

That is correct and i have said that many times. Apple gives 90% of their stock to their own stores. The left over go to the carriers. They rather have their own stores supplied and stocked rather then the carriers. This was the agreement they made with the carriers. Apple controls everything related to the iPhone prices, launches, product and supply.
I've Been Here Awhile

This was my experience.......

On Dec.18th I was Christmas shopping at Best Buy and just out of curiosity I decided to ask if they had the phone I preordered on the first day, Sept.12th with Rogers under a business/corporate account.  The phone I wanted was the 6 plus 128GB Space Grey and at the time I was sitting at 55 out of 649 for the longest time.  Well it turned out they had it but in Silver.  I didn't really thought about getting it when the rep asked if I wanted it.  I said not really and I have a business/corporate account anyway.  He said "Come on man get it.  We only have two left and they sell fast within a day.  We can process business accounts here too."  Then I thought OK why not.  Got excited and in about 20 minutes I walked out with the phone all set up.  Then I had regrets getting it because I waited so long for the color I wanted, and on top of that I was having some problems hearing a phone conversation.  The return policy was 15 days or 30 talk time.  Even though I was happy with it I decided to return it the next day because I found fault hearing through it and of course the color.  Yes folks that's right, I returned it and I thought I'd wait for the SG instead, being at 55 in line.  No problems returning it. 

As I walked back through the Eaton Centre, I decided to stop by the Apple store and asked if they had my device.  Well, it turned out they just got a shipment and they were able to set me up again under the business/corporate account with no problems.  So this time I walked out with the device I wanted and was and still am very happy with it.  There was not even a difference in the subsidized price from what Rogers was offering at both stores and no activation fee.   The only thing was I had to call Rogers to activate the SIM card.   When I did that, I asked if I could still get some sort of discount on the bluetooth speaker I was promised for waiting over 3 months for the device and the rep said those speakers were long gone and only lasted for so long since we were told while quantities lasted.  Don't know if that was true or not but I didn't really care anyways since I also preordered a 6 Silver 64GB for my wife on Sept.12th under a business/corporate account and she got it 3 weeks later with the speaker so we already had it.  So I'm not sure how the business/corporate accounts work, but it seems obvious that they are different based on the business plan that the business negotiates with Rogers.   As a result, I'm guessing some accounts are easy to set up than others at the Apple or Best Buy stores and maybe other stores.  

Overall, the experience was painful, especially knowing how Rogers doesn't get many shipments and how slow Apple was to manufacture the model I wanted. 

Best of luck everyone and hope you get to enjoy your device sooner rather than later.

Cheers!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Ip33

This is true. Rogers did NOT say everyone will get it as the promotion rules did state that " While Qualities last". This means even if u were 500 in line lets say u may not get one depending on how many Rogers got from the Bluetooth company.

Its good that you got your device via Apple. Lucky that they got stock just in time for you to get it. I agree this whole process has been a PR disaster for both Rogers & Apple.
I'm Here A Lot

On Dec 23/14 I ordered a gold iphone 6, 16G and was #185/185 in the queue.  As of today (Jan 7/15) and 2 weeks later, I am 182/334 in the queue.  Does anyone have any information on the wait times for this phone and/or if Rogers is getting a shipment etc in the near future?  Just trying to figure out how long I will be waiting.  Thanks in advance for input!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello C-L-R

You may have to wait 3-5 weeks or more it seems. Business and corporate customers haven't received theirs yet. Rogers gets a small shipment via Apple once or twice a week.