Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

A friend of mine said he got his iPhone though Future Shop and he is a corporate customer. I am going this route. I will try Best Buy. I noticed that a SG 64 GB 6 is only $239 versus the $374 on Rogers. Even if they don't have it in stock if I can get it this way I will let you all know.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, you can pick it up in Best Buy or Future Shop. It is cheaper too!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So this is what I discovered...
1. Despite being told that that my early upgrade fee is only $24 and change it is actually $144. Nobody could provide me a good explanation as to why I was misinformed. There is no budging on this apparently, so whether I stay or terminate my contract the cost is the same. Guess which way I am leaning?
2. Despite being told Corporate customers can upgrade every 2 years it actually depends on the unique agreement between Rogers and the corporation. In my case it is with Ontario employees. Apparently we are only allowed to upgrade every three years while others can opt for two year plans. Make sure your CSR has checked this. I probably wouldn't have upgraded had I been told this.
3. Corporate customers are not eligible for any promotions on the phones. So despite Best Buy advertising the phone I want for $269 compared to the $374 they charge, Best Buy is not permitted to sell the phone to me at the discounted price. Even the Best Buy manager questioned that logic.
4. The only benefit of being a corporate customer is deep monthly discounts however those rates are slowly eroding, as evidenced by my wife's new plan which costs about $20/mo. more and she gets less than before.

So what I have come to realize is that I either shell out the $144 and stay with Rogers, or shell out the same amount and perhaps get better customer service. The pattern of misinformation here is simply too troubling to ignore. The history of poor customer service and reluctance to work with loyal customers is far too troubling. I cannot understand how in such a fickle market this company is not doing more to retain its customers?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Disappointed201

Honestly at this point I would switch to someone else if u haven't gotten the device. There is No excuse anymore.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Cancelled services with Rogers and received new iPhone from competition with exact same plan I have now. No more waiting. No more runaround. Best of luck to all.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

For those who deal with a rep and have picked up their phone in store is there anything special that you need to do if you are not the account manager for wireless devices in your operation? 

It seems that getting a phone in store seems the best route to go unless you are doing a race between going for the worlds record for the longest nose hair and getting your iPhone shipped to you. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

so, what is the reason for the delay now??

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey everyone, here's my update. It's been a week or less since i ordered my phone from apple and i now have my new IPhone 6 PLUS 128 GB white (I had originally ordered black) in my hand. I went to the Rogers store and bought a new Nano sim 11$ and activated myself and the phone is up and running. Took one week. 

So the 3 months wait on ROGERS meant what ? I have no idea. I know this is not a way for everyone but if i knew it would take a few days with apple or a few months with ROGERS. Cost wise it's either your credit card or lock down for 2-3 years.

So now i can't cancel my ROGERS sice it says in Progress,I spoke to my store and they said whenit comes in and they call just say "no thank you", and the phone will be sold to someone else. Thats my story and hope things play out just as good for the rest of you.

Smiley Wink

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I made reservation on September 25th, for a 128Gb 6+. Now I'm order #309 out of 630. Ridiculous. By the time It comes in it'll be a 7....

I've Been Around

Ordered on launch day. Started at 673. Residential account. 6+ space gray. I just received my shipping notification.