Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello nternal1

If you would like to speak about that please contact Rogers or the CRTC. This thread is made for the reservations of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

As for corporate customers. While I do agree they are getting excuses and all, it seems Rogers has not gotten inventory from Apple in the last week or more. I wonder if Apple will be shipping alot more devices out next week as per your there members have said somewhere else.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The point I was simply making is that the only way a company would change it's business practice is if enough people dropped their services as a result off their actions. You don't like your cable service, so you switch. You don't like the service from a given dealership so you switch. Why not apply the same principle here? If enough people refused to use the system because they are unhappy with how it operates then Rogers would be forced to evaluate how they do business.

I don't agree with how the reservation system works. If you read past threads this was an issue with previous iPhone releases where non-corporate customers appeared to get their phones at a much faster rate than corporate customers. Nothing has changed in the past four years. The stock issue is real however I don't believe that the corporate reservation list and non-corporate lists are pooled. If more of the available stock is shifted to a given line it would explain why one group appear to be getting their reserved phones at a much faster rate. This is simply a forum to vent... Nothing more.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Disappointed201

I wholy heart agree with you. I have made most of the reservation threads on here and can tell you that it's true. The business customers on all reservation devices have this issue, not the iPhone ones. It seems to be a problem with the business accounts holding them back or how u and I said many times it seems they want regular customers to have them first. It has upset me many times having to hear all this and personally my sister having to deal with it aswell. I wish i could somehow fix all this and give u guys ur phones but i don't work for them to do so.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Wow I must have lucked out! I reserved a iphone 6+ 64 gb gold on October 24, and got a shipping email today!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

"If you would like to speak about that please contact Rogers or the CRTC. This thread is made for the reservations of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus."

Meowmix

If you are going to criticize my posts at least read them first. If you had read them it would be crystal clear that the  hardware I'm talking about is the iPhone 6 and 6+. I went on a waiting list on Sept 16 for a 128 gb 6 plus and am still waiting. That's 3 times longer than the lead time that Apple is advertising  for iPhone 6+ orders and that means Rogerss has been diverting it's "hardware" to other customers. What is most infuriating is the misinformation which has kept me hanging for almost 3 months. The expectation that the phone was just around the corner has kept me from placing an order somewhere else and going to the back of the line all over again. I'm sure this is the reason Rogers reps are instructed to give the scripted "the phone should be here with a week". 

Non of this corporate behaviour is random nor is it simple lack of internal information within the Rogers sales structure. It's a fully scripted and well thought out underhanded ploy to string people along and rope in as many new customers as possible (with the stock that should be going to current customers). 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My sufpggestion would be to then contact the Office of the Ombudsman, and file a complaint. I did that when I ordered my iPhone 5 2 years ago. I was feeling exactly like you. Worse yet, I no longer had the use of my iPhone 3GS at ghd time because the battery wouldn't last beyond 15 minutes. Needless to say I needed a new phone and I was tired of being placated on the phone with promises of having the phone within a week. I knew this not to be the case when I was close to 1,000 on the list and it appeared that my number only dropped by about 15 or 20 per day if that. I raised a stink and got my phone sooner than I likely would have if I kept my mouth shut. Try this approach nternal1.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Chubbychicken66

Glad to see it has been shipped out!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Finally, after 5 weeks of waiting, my reservation of iphone6 64GB silver has changed its status to Order In Progress (Activation). I was at #541 of #919 on last monday.

@ Meowmix do you know how long should I expect for the phone to ship out?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello wangx89

It should ship sometime next week!!
I'm Here A Lot

I agree 100% with the posts from nternal1 and Disappointed201.  If I had the option of dumping Rogers, I would.  The policy of giving phones to all the non corporate/business customers is disgusting.  Even the people who are jumping ship from other companies have received phones ahead of the loyal people who have been Rogers customers for years.  This is a public relations nightmare, and it will come around to bite Rogers.  The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.