Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

I understand that it is scripted, however to suggest to anyone that they will receive their phone in a few weeks is a blatant lie so why not be honest with the customer and tell them that due to overwhelming demand it is going to be more like a two to three month wait rather than a three-week wait. Again, I knew this would happen so my expectations to receive the phone in a timely manner are extremely low at best.

Also, when I reserved the phone over the phone there were three major errors made on the reservation. This is simply sloppy work. The first error was reserving the wrong phone altogether, which had to be corrected. Second, she put down the wrong phone number. And finally the third error was charging me the full price for the phone, which I didn't want since she offered me a better corporate rate in order to get the new phone. Funny thing is though that when I reserved a second device I was told I could keep my old rate. I often find that you never get the same answer from different reps.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well I decided to check with one of the stores within my area and the first one I called had a bunch of 6's in stock....so stupid how I was in th 70's on the reservation list when there was a phone all ready and waiting for me less than a km away! This system is so stupid....now I am expecting for the charge and reimbursement to be like 2 months apart since my bill is always screwed up!!!! But at least I now have my shiney new gold iphone 6! 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am sure the priority is getting the stores stocked over this reservation system.

Nice work Hollywood15! Congrats!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Disappointed201

I agree with that but they are trained to say that. If they say otherwise, its still a lie if u think about it. There really is no real answer to be honest. Not even my buddy at the warehouse knows when Apple will send more phones. It all depends on Apple.

As for the reps. They need to start saying something else instead of a few weeks. Do remember they are just reps which has NO access to invetory levels or stock. Head office could tel them that stock is limited and for them to tell customers that but it seems they aren't. I wouldn't put the full blame on the reps as they are doing what they are told just like all of us at work.

I agree the reservation system for the longest time needs to be revamped and fixed. This is something I have suggest many times.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Holluwolly15

Stores have more iPhone 6 devices then 6 Plus. Many on here are looking for the 6 Plus model. Those ones are the toughest reservations. Rogers should have enough iPhone 6 models in stock if the stores have them... Sounds like they are giving the 6 to the stores because of the holiday season is upon us and they want more sells that way? Hmm.. No one knows but it's not fair. That I will say.

Atleast you have the device now and u just have to wait until that changes until u get ur $40 + tax back.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have to say Im highly dissapointed of Rogers, I know Rogers is not responsible for the backorder althoug, the poor management and lack of communication is the icing of the cake.

Lsat friday I received a Txt Message from rogers congratulating me for my new device and letting me know it was being shipped soon and find all the details on "the email"

a week later 

No email

Im still on Progress

Called the store and Nothing

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hello everyone. I have to say, after all of this wait...exactly 2 months from Sept 19-Nov. 19, I finally have my 6 Plus 64 SG phone. I picked it up yesterday afternoon, and I'm using it right now to type this message. I'm loving this phone. It's amazing. I never want to go through this long reservation process again though. Will only upgrade at least every 3 years...and that's if my phone is giving me trouble. I wish everyone still waiting all the best. I definitely feel for ya'll. When you do get it though, it's worth the wait.
Thanks for all your help and feedback Meowmix!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I honestly can't believe that people are so stunned that they are still calling the reservation system "stupid".

PEOPLE!!!!!!
Do you not understand that this is not a "stupid" system? ..... This is a system PURPOSELY designed by Rogers to place corporate customers at the the bottom of the priority list. They know they have your business regardless of what they do and they could care less if you are "happy" or not. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree that corporate customers are likely treated differently from regular customers. The preferred rates given are used to offset the difference in customer service. It's a trade off of sorts.

At any rate, people should just accept that you either will have to wait a long time to get your phone or take your business elsewhere. At the rate my list is going it appears that the phone I ordered on Oct. 20th I will likely get sometime after Christmas. Sadlly, this is exactly what I expected from this system so this doesn't shock me at all.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The only problem with your argument is that restricting access to hardware is not withholding "service"... it's an underhanded abuse which is border line fraudulent in that this practice was not disclosed to customers before they were lured into coroporate contracts. Why is it that Canadians always seem more ready to make excuses for the unethical behavior that is increasingly a part of mainstream corporate behaviour rather than face the prospect of taking dirtbag companies to task?