Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

I called Rogers and ordered Iphone 6 plus 64GB on October 9 and still no news. I checked several Rogers stores in Toronto downtown, no store is 64gb version of the phone. Checked apple store in Eaton Center but no luck. Apple store guys recommended to check online stock on their web site, but looks like Eaton center Apple store does not update their stock on their wbe site. It alwys shows all models out of stock. Please advise.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rookie8155

They do update their stock at 12am EST and 3pm at times. Apple as i said controls when and how many devices any store gets even their own stores and websites. When you ordered it at that date. Apple, Bell, Telus and others had a 3-5 week wait or more for that device. No one is to blame but Apple seeing as they aren't sending enough.

There isn't much to advise you over then contacting your local Best Buy or Future Shop and other Rogers stores to see if they have but as I said it's hard to find a 64GB or 128GB iPhone 6 Plus in any color. Apple barely made enough.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for all the information. Based on this, I might be getting my device in couple of weeks from Rogers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rookie8155

I am sure you will get it! For the time being keep looking around to see if anyone has it. Worth a shot to keep doing it!
I've Been Here Awhile

I've got an issue and wonder if anyone can provide any suggestions.

I ordered a 6+ via my corporate plan a month ago. Rogers said that I had to sign a 3-yr renewal contract plus additional $5 to be added onto my original plan. Because they said the old plan is no longer exist, I had to pay for the new negotiated price in order to get the same features.

But my current phone is breaking down. My current spot is at 394/436. So I called Rogers today hoping to cancel my order and restore my original plan. (I was able to reserve the phone that I want at the Apple store, paid at the full unlocked price because Apple could not deal with corporate plans.) They told me that they could not give me the old plan back because it does not exist in the system anymore. By in my sense, I got nothing from Rogers but I have to pay an additional $5/mo. That just doesn't make sense to me. I know $5 isn't much, but still.

The rep transferred me to the Business Management Office. Another rep said he could open a ticket about my case, but he would need to cancel my current order and I have to wait for a month for any response. And, there is no guarantee that I can get my old plan back. If I cancel the order and they cannot resolve the issue, I will have to start over again. The phone I got from Apple only has 15 days for return.

Has anyone been my situation before? Anything will be appreciated.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Halomeow

Once a plan is gone, its gone. U were told your plan no longer exists and when they tell you that, it's a verbal warning that once you accept their offer,you can get your old plan back. They system no longer has that plan and most if not all reps including managers can NOT get it back as its not in their lists of plans or plans they can offer.

You can cancel your reservation / order but have to keep they plan YOU accepted when ordered the device. You can contact Rogers via Live Chat for business, Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps or you can contact Rogers at their Office of the President but most likely they will just offer you ur old plan but rebuilt it and for more money.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the prompt response Meowmix!

So if I cancel the reservation, does the 3-yr contract renewal still exist or not? I know I will be paying $5 more each month, but am I still locked with Rogers for 3 yrs?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Halomeow

Once you agree for the contract to be renewed even without a upgrade then yes it will still be in affect and unfortunately nothing can be done.

You can contact Rogers and see if you cancelled the reservation the contract comes off and all but that's the only way to know
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Halomeow, 

I could be wrong but from my understanding, contracts are simply phone related (not plan) - since new CRTC rules kicked in. That means if you purchased a phone via rogers then that phone would be subsidized over a 3yr period (some corporate plans allow that) rather than a 2 yr (for consumers). The advantage of a 3yr subsidy is that is lowers the upfront fee you pay for a phone but the disadvantage is that you will be paying a phone off over a 3yr period as opposed to a 2 year. 

But what about the contract? Well, there is no fee to cancel your "cell phone plan" because contracts are strictly for the phone. In your case, since you cancelled your iphone reservation via rogers, there is nothing bounding you to them (unless you owe them device balance from ur existing/previous phone). 

When i called rogers, a business rep told me the above and mentioned i can sign up for a consumer plan, get an iphone in store..then switch to a corporate plan (cancelling my consumer plan). I asked if i would pay "contract cancellation fees" and the rep said there is no such thing anymore and explained the above. 

But i would call and confirm with Rogers. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Good morning everyone, 

Thinking of reserving my 6+ 64Gb, just some quick questions:

1) previous posts indicate 2100 people in line.... is this Canada wide ? doesn't it sound too little ?

2) does location matter ? e.g I will ask delivery in Winnipeg, Manitoba and i will be in town by the end of November

do you think i have a chance of getting it by then ?

3) when will the change of plans for the 2 year term happen ? on phone delivery ? 

cause i'm on a month to month basis since May 2014

cheers !