Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello Martinhouse

I don't work for Rogers. I make thr threads and help you guys out as much as i can because i have knowledge and have some people in the company that help me out and thus why i am providing help. Sometimes I give inaccurate statements but i never said i am 100% correct. I love helping on the forums and have done this since the 4S. I do this with all the other devices as well.. It's called liking to help eveyone out and giving answer as much as i can. There isn't many that will make a thread and get the device and still help out let alone log in. I am tho. I do this for free as well for u guys

If you think I haven't helped out that's good for you but I have. Just because u aren't getting the answer you want doesn't mean I am not helping. Also ontop of that i am souly controlling the thread and been here since I started it and helped eveyone out. I want to see you try that and tell me then if I am not helping. I might be giving some of the same information but it's also users that ask the same question THUS why I am giving the same answer. I don't call every store to find out which store near u has a device and can help u or control what is going on with the business reservations. Eveyone in this thread is helping. So do NOT attack me or others because you aren't getting the device or answers you want. That's pretty low to be honest. Its a shame we have users like you posting things like that.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sidd2014

I would highly suggest going to get the silver one. You will most likely use a case and won't have to wait for the phone. So go get it!!:)
I Plan to Stick Around

lp333  Give yourself another pat on the back for being such a class act and having such great patience. 

If you read your posting it does sound like you are ridiculing the people who have complained.  Sometimes it is better to be more understanding than to make jokes about people who are tired of having the run around.

I Plan to Stick Around

meowmix, you are doing a terrific task, pretty sure you aren't being thanked enough for your time and effort.  By far you are showing the most patience and understanding.  I haven't read all the post on here but enough to see how much of your personal time you have invested in helping others.

THANK YOU!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

Mikeyjwilson, giving the runaround and waiting in line are two different things. To clarify, my original posting was mainly for those who are waiting in line for their phones and for those who cancel because they are desperate. I think being so materialistic like that is not good. If Rogers claims they follow the queu as it should then we just have to wait. Or get out of line and go get it elsewhere just because you have to have the phone for the sake of just having it...again, the material thing. I don't think anybody here knows for sure if Rogers is following the queu and it will be kinda pointless to assume what they're doing in that respect. Unless of course you want to frustrate yourself and maybe others. A lot of speculation going on. In the end, we're all gonna get our phones sooner or later, which of course depends where you are in line. Gotta remember that these are highly demanded phones that is happening at a global scale, not just Canada.

Pat yourself in the back for thanking Meaomix. It seems like not very many do that in here.
I Plan to Stick Around

I just spent 2 hours with no outcome. This is my story:

I called Rogers today and the rep told me i can go to any rogers plus or corporate store and they can upgrade because i recently updated my corporate plan - MSD updated. I called again to confirm with another rep because the closest store with in-stock 64GB was 45mins away. Both reps said the same thing and so I, foolishly, got happy..did a few happy dance moves and headed towards the store. On my way, i was dreaming of how awesome it would be to actually use a smartphone after waiting for 7 weeks (no smartphone on me right now). 

I got to the store and the sales associate asked for my phone number. I gave it to her. a few mins later she was panicking. This is how the convo went:

Me: is everything ok? 

lady: "OMG..this is a MSD account. No no no. I cannot touch MSD accounts. omg."

me: (surprised and shocked) i just spoke to two different reps on the phone and both said it can be done. Can you please recheck? 

Lady: Because you do not understand, let me put it this way: i will get FIRED! Do you want me to get fired?

Me: No i dont want you fired. its ok. thankyou. (and i left) 

I called rogers call centre to shout at them for their stupidity, for the company's lack of information between departments, and for a lack of service corporate clients are given. The rep stated, and i quote, "if you want better service i can remove you from a corporate account and give you a regular price plan. You will give up all the price benefits but you can grab the phone today. Its upto you." 

I hungup the phone. The rep admitted that Rogers gives preferential treatment to regular consumers VS Corporate clients. But when rogers sales rep go to corporate firms to get contracts, they DO NOT specify that corporate clients will be given sub-par service. This is a double-sided game..i am disappointed! 

All this while an iPhone 6 64GB silver - store has 12 in stock - sits and collects dust. While I, a corporate client and customer of 8 years, waits at #430 (due to cancellations) for 7+weeks in the hopes of receiving a phone in my lifetime..

I am going to speak to Telus tomorrow..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sidd2014

Wow really? That's pretty low for them to do but I can understand why the rep doesn't want to do it.

Honestly i am really upset and disgusted on how Rogers is treating business customers. It seems they care more for their regular customers then business ones.

Before switching to Telus, see their reviewed and see what is going on with them before u do the switch ( which i fully understand and would do my self at this point).
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix,

I have given up on this company. There is a serious lack of information between stores and call centres. The store rep told me call centres do not realize stores cannot touch MSD, while call centres tell me stores don't know what they are doing - its a huge mess.

Although i don't expect any better from Telus either - nor bell. But i need a phone ASAP. Presently using a non-smartphone and its terrible. I am missing important emails and it is affecting my income stream.

ps: I do have an update on shipments. The rep mentioned warehouses receive apple shipments every Tuesday and Thursday. I apologize if this info is old, just thought i mention it.

I Plan to Stick Around

So my husband decided to call rogers again and tell them that I'm switching to telus. My contract is over and I can switch but we want the corp discount, we are saving about 40 bucks a month combined for our plans now that we have the corp plan. The first person he talked to didn't want to lose me to telus and to be honest I don't really want to switch providers. The lady on the phone said that we could go to a store and pick up a phone from there, so she started calling stores for us and everyone said they couldn't do it so she tranfsfered him to the loyalty team and the lady there said that she ordered me a phone on a different reservation system, and as soon as one of the phones comes in to email her and let her know so she can cancel the other reservation. No idea what number I am in that queue but apparently I now have 2 reservations. I am only able to see my old reservation when I login which is sitting at 147 out of 1258 for the 6+ SG 64gb (reserved on Sept 12). My husband spent 1.5 hours on the phone today trying to get this resolved and told both people he spoke to that they are favoring residental customers and not allocating any phones to the corporate people who have been waiting almost 2 months, neither person responded to his comment about them ignoring corp customers. I think we have very good reason to be upset and I think we would be more understanding of the situation if we could see that they are actually trying to get us our phones in the corp queues. I have a  16 gb 4s right now and its so full and has a cracked screen, I'm lucky that it is still working for me, so yeah I'm upset that my birthday present from my husband that we hoped would be here for October 3rd still hasn't made it.

Meowmix you are apprecaited and thanks for trying to help everyone deal with a situation that you have no control over. Don't let people's snotty remarks get to you, there are so many of us that look to you for answers right now and we know you are doing everything you can to help us.

I've Been Here Awhile

It seems to me there are far less corporate customers than residential ones. Hence probably the reason for the wait. Better to anger the few than the majority. Anyways, anyone know how long the "in progress" status lasts?