Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

@cjkim2 wrote:

Hi all,

I spoke with the corporate rep (uptown wireless) that deals with my company and i was told she got 8 iphone 6plus 64gb units yesterday and she still has 800 orders to fulfill between her and 9 other corporate reps. 

I have now given up on the iphone 6 plus and canceled the order - getting the galaxy note 4 instead (which i personally think is the better option anyways). 

Corporate customers are getting shafted pretty hard. I have officially given up after 5 weeks of waiting. 

The corporate reps don't even know what queue you're in...Can't blame Rogers for this. Blame Apple for short supplying the carriers....maybe this is part of their marketting plan. Create massive demand haha

just to clarify...the 800 orders that your corprate rep is trying fulfill, are these 800 people/orders currently  on the queue or is this  a totally separate list/queue all together.  This whole reervations thing is beginning to be really bizzare.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Meowmix

Rogers has a responsibility to keep their customers informed as much as possible. There has been nothing from them relating to supply chain shortages. 

Rogers also set up a reservation system that is opaque, closed, and siloed. When Rogers service reps from both the Consumer and Business sides cannot access records from the other side, and noone can find a reservation that was made online, there is something structurally wrong with the process.

Rogers saying nothing, and having no mechanism for customers to access or question a service rep about their account is inexcusable. The message they send to customers is, 'we're a huge corporation and we simply don't care'.

If no phones are getting into Canada for weeks on end, that's a news story. But noone is covering it. And Rogers seems to be keeping silent on it, because they don't want to seem weak.

I work in communications, and this is one of the worst communications 'strategies' I've ever come across.

I Plan to Stick Around

when you see a hone at future shop or best buy how do you know what carrior its for?  

it might not be a rogers phone

I Plan to Stick Around

LOL!!!! this is why I have given up on checking my position on the so call reservation system. I am on a corporate queue so I might get the phone when iphone 7 is launched.Smiley Very Happy

Serenity NOW...insanity later!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

if my phone 4 could make calls I would not care how much longer it took but it crashes and reboots if you answer it.
I should have just taken the 5s in May
I Plan to Stick Around

@ pgguru

I have the exact phone and it sucks!!! I feel your pain. It is also slow as molasses......

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi pgguru.

When you go to best Buy/Future Shop/Apple, the phones are not pre-attached to any carrier.

Once you get the phone, you can set it up with the appropriate carrier.

I Plan to Stick Around

If I find the iphone 6 plus I am looking for at a local best buy or future shop, can I still go pick it up from there and have it billed to me like they would in a rogers store, even if I am business/corporate?
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi Rugid.

I know there is staff at those stores that can set you up on any carrier ... but I'm not sure if that applies to Corporate accounts.

Why not give the store a call?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pgguru

Those iPhones are unlocked until u insert that sim card. Once your set it up to the appropriate carrier, it locks it to them unless the IMEI NUMBER and Serial number are white listed on Apple's site and unlocked factory.