Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello randomdefence

Oh my i was #11 for that model lol . You aren't stuck with this. You are open to go to find the same model via Apple and Best Buy or Future Shop. I can tell you the 64GB and 128GB iPhone 6 Plus is a hard model to find in Canada and US. I can give u so many links on the Apple Community Forums which show this and even the US carrier forums have the same issue. It's not just Rogers. So blaming the reservation system because Apple didn't make enough iPhone 6 Plus models is kinda silly i find. Blame Apple for not making enough and not Rogers. Blame Rogers for the lack of communication as they could have said " We are getting limited amount of them at a time "

Also keep in mind that the world's largest carrier started selling them a few days ago. So most of Apple stock went to them. That isn't any carriers fault but Apple.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is the Warehouse open 24/7 to get shipments? or only until like 6pm? I just want this whole thing done and overwith at this point.  Also^ Buying a phone from Future shop, wouldnt that mean you need to go to Rogers and get the plan filled out?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello iPhoneforthewin

No the warehouse is NOT open 24/7. It closes at 7-8pm. They do have families you know lol... Well you need to be patient and wait my friend. We all can't have everything we want right?. I know its a long wait believe me as i did wait a long time for another device but again it's not Rogers.

Yes and no. Some Future shops and Best Buy lol locations let u buy it outright. It's a claws Apple made them signs..
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks man (or woman..?)!  im trying to be patient but it's so hard when the newest and greatest... I may cancel reservation and drive to Toronto and pick one up.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello iPhoneforthewin

Lol i am a guy haha. :p. No worries :). Before driving down to Toronto or cancelling, i would highly suggest calling into the stores or going to the stores to and see before u do that. This way u have the reservation as a back up incase u don't find any.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Oh, I'm well aware of that fact. I have called everywhere within a 100km radius for the past 3 weeks. It seems impossible unless you have amazing luck and find one sitting somewhere.

No where in my message did I blame anyone or the system. I'm just stating I don't understand the function of the system when there are so many people waiting, yet phones are still being given out to Rogers secondary supplier wireless stores or walk in retailers for walk in stock while people remain in the system. I am also upset that the system has done such a poor job giving customers an estimate for when their product should be in. Rogers stores a week after were giving the information of 6-8 weeks. based on that alone we should have a good idea, however the reservation system is showing that to be false. Now I understand that the supply is based on what Apple alots for Rogers, but if Rogers knew or had some idea that they wound't be able to meet demand in a reasonable time they should offer some incentive for putting all our eggs in one basket. I would of begin secondary sourcing, or put in reservations earlier at secondary sources.

If Rogers had stepped up to the plate by now and admitted that demand had outstripped supply and offered customers something for sticking with them, then perhaps I would not be so irked. But for them to say hey, come reserve with us, we're a fast way to get it. Inead we get, have a $40 speaker that is only while supplies last so the rest of you who have to wait get doubly screwed.

It was just a poor rollout for Apple and Rogers and Rogers has dropped the ball with keeping the customers informed.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone else noticed that the Rogers Device Reservation emails have stopped?

I'm sure Rogers is just as furstrated with the iPhone 6 plus issue and every customer.
Hurry up APPLE !!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello randomdefence

No i agree with all that u said. They should have said something but the only thing they could say is that they don't have any information on when they will receive any or a ETA. They wouldn't give one out as Rogers doesn't get what they ask for. Apple sends them let's say a skid of mixed phones. So they can't garranty a ETA as they don't even know. Apple is very secretive about stuff like this and seen it in the past.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bprettie02

They don't put a stop to them. I seen a few users on here post that they got a email a few days ago. The system it self will send a email once in a while. It's supposed to be once a week tho.

Agreed Apple needs to hurry up!!
I'm Here A Lot

At this point if I don't see something from Rogers soon acknowledging difficulties or providing an incentive for customers that have stuck with them through this process I'm just going to start putting in reservations with all carriers and picking which one comes first.