Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello SpeedyC

The shortage is with all the iPhone 6 Plus models. The stores only have a few as reservations have come in and been cancelled in store or never picked up. Apple made way to many of the iPhone 6 but not of the 6 Plus models. Now that its out in China and other parts of the world, they do get a higher priority then US AND CANADA as they need to sell more there. That was the deal with China.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@meowmix

My local Rogers Plus store did say on occasion they get some Plus 16gb models to sell to the general public, i.e. not towards reservations.

So no harm in calling your Rogers Store and checking!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SpeedyC

Hmm then that means the 16GB is the least wanted model so they have a few to give out to the stores. Correct. It's worth a shot to call and see!!

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm still on number 5 open for my 6 plus 16GB SG, for the past 3 weeks it's been stuck there. 

I just called Rogers to upgrade my plan to sharing plan whenver the phone arrives. I have the 6GB for $30 plan from way back before the call. I called them 3 weeks ago about changing my plan, Facebook, online chat and I called twice, no one would give me the time of day. The first person I talked to just now gave me a loyalty discount right away without threatening to cancel. Weird. Overall I'm happy. Keeping my 6GB. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello InvisibleMeLogo

Oh very nice!! Yeah same here with me! Was able to keep my 6GB in a loyalty plan they offered me

Until last year, I was still living with my Parents (bummer!). They have 20+ years of Rogers history (TV & internet), but I only have 1.5 (I actually join Rogers Wireless in 2010, but my previous Employer made me switch to their Corporate Plan, which ended this Summer).

Seeing I have to establish my own Rogers history, I guess I'm stuck with accepting the $80/500mb a month plan ...

I Plan to Stick Around

I am on a business corporate plan and I was finally able to get my 6 SL 64G through a Rogers lifestyle store.  I had been waiting on business queue at 48 till last week (started at 578 on the 20th of September).   I had given my name at the store a few weeks ago and the csr told me he would call when he received any.  So I got the call last Friday and have the phone in my hands.  Now just waiting for my unlocked apple reservation for my 6+ should be in the next couple of weeks.  Then I can consider moving elsewhere for my consumers plan.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello SpeedyC

Hmm then that means the 16GB is the least wanted model so they have a few to give out to the stores. Correct. It's worth a shot to call and see!!

That's so true!  I often see 16 GB phones available at the Apple Store when I log into the reserve site at midnight, but not other models (I saw a Gold 128 GB at Yorkdale once (do NOT like Gold), though).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Did anyone else get an email today about their order? 

"Your recent purchase of a Apple IPHONE 6 PL 128GB  GOLD, RSIM4FFLTE ROGERS NANO LTE 4FF SIMCARD RAW, is still being processed. When your device leaves our warehouse, we’ll send you an email with a tracking number and courier details."

It also said to see the attachment with order details (there was no attachment, but the chat support told me it would just be the order number, date it was ordered and that sort of thing - no ETA or anything).

The email also said: "We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding."

(I still don't have a number as to where I am on the list, which makes me wonder.)