Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Thanks Meowmix! That is what I was thinking after doing some research on it last night. I saw this one report showing that it needs 100lbs of force to bend one I just wanted to double check that you didn't know anything about Apple not releasing them because on the "bend" issue. I will go back to the store today and report him to his boss (maybe I could get a discount.....) lol
I've Been Here Awhile

Likewise! I'm a Consumer customer.

If Rogers is monitoring these forums then I have a suggestion. It looks like a lot of the frustration comes from the randomness (real or perceived) of the reservation system. Maybe if the workings of that system were made clearer it may reduce some stress levels?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello K_O

i would do it. The fact the rep is giving false info is sad. Hopefully the rep can learn from this lol
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vanessat

Even tho they are monitoring the forums, this is a user to user forum. They don't step in and comment on things. The lt monitor the posts, community page and fix things.

The reservation system needs to be a bit more organized and straight forward i see.
I Plan to Stick Around

If you reserve an iPhone at the Apple store, can you upgrade with Rogers at the Apple store, meaning don't have to pay the full retail price and sign a 2 year contract with Rogers?

I'm tired of waiting for Rogers. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello InvisibleMeLogo

Yes that can be done at the Apple store as well. If u go to Apple and do a upgrade, u don't have to pay anything at the store. It will be billed to u on ur next month's invoice,
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers online reservation system is severely flawed, for the following reasons:

1) A nationwide online reservation system seems to be unable to supply less than 3 iPhone 6 Plus phones to customers per week. I've been hovering between #28 and #24 for almost two weeks. 

This tells me that:  a) Rogers has literally no influence with Apple in securing supply for its customers; or  2) That their online reservation system is bogus - designed merely to keep frustrated customers thinking they are advancing in the queue.

2) Rogers customer service structure is siloed in such a way that neither the online, consumer or business service side can access any information on a customer outside their limited area.

I reserved my phone online, and have been on the phone to both the consumer and business service reps (I recently changed from a personal to a business account). None of these reps can confirm my online order, even though I received a confirmation email with a link to my place in the queue.

Like many people, I've been waiting for my phone since Sept. 12. That's almost 5 weeks. And Rogers has literally no mechanism for me to check my order with a real person. But that's what happens when you live in an oligopoly I suppose.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

This is the response I received from someone from Business Care:

I can certainly understand your frustration, please allow me to explain
what's happening.  As our order team processes reservations, they pull
from the queue.  If there is an issue with an order (i.e. wrong plan,
etc...), the order will be taken out of the queue and held.  This will
bump you up a position.  Once the issue with that particular reservation
is resolved, that order is placed back in the queue in its original
position.  This will bump you back down a position.  Other factors that
are considered are how much stock we have for a particular model (16GB,
64GB or 128 GB  and the various colours).    

Please rest assured that reservations are handled in the order in which
they were received.  We are doing everything that we can to ensure that
you receive your device as soon as possible.

Currently in #894 out of 1514. In position for a iPhone 6 64GB Slate Grey.  (for those who haven't read the previous posts).

Aside from Rogers not receiving enough devices to cater to the demand of its customers, I think Apple just isn't sending enough out to carriers in North America period. Although my family have walked into a Koodo store and picked up two like it's a non-issue and me walking into a Rogers Plus store and they had 5 units of the one I want (but they denied me and said they couldn't give me the unit - because i'm a corporate/business account holder), which leads to me waiting in a long list.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Hello K_O

No this is not true. The rep doesn't have anything better to do then tell people lies & not sell a device to someone. I would have reported that to his boss to be honest. That false info to be honest.

The phone does not bend. Everyone is making such a big deal out of it when its not even happening. Only a few had the issue. I have had the 6+ since the day after release & sat on it, let it in my pocket while i was bending down & even tried to bend it. Did not bend. Do not believe what the reps are telling u...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe the first positive post that I have made in this forum....

(Reportedly) Only 9 customers of the first 10 million shipped reported bending (and some of those probably were trying to bend the phone)
I Plan to Stick Around

Cancelled my reservation as I have the phone through Apple now. No contract means I'm free to go anywhere. Maybe it's time to go pay as you go.