Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello SpeedyC

Many factors are possible. Maybe someone didn't want it and told then to have it or sell it.
I Plan to Stick Around

@SpeedyC wrote:

@jkanaris

So your local Rogers Store has a iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Silver?

And I'm #2 Open status for the same phone for the past 3 weeks!!!

What gives???

I know how you feel SpeedyC. They get shipments, it seems (Meomix can correct me if I'm wrong), which are for walk-in customers and exclusively for those who have reserved. It's a luck of the draw. If this is correct, it's a terribly erratic and unfair system. Basically you have to keep phoning local providers if they have stock and if they do, get it there and cancel your reservation. What a waste of time. Somebody has to go back to the drawing board!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

In which case, Meomix, it should go to the next person in the reservation line. I realize this can be a nightmare logistically but they have to take into consideration such scenarios in their planning.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jkanaris

It doesn't work like that as the stores doesn't have access to the next person in line. Once someone says they don't want it, the store has the right to sell it as a walk in
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello jkanaris

It doesn't work like that as the stores doesn't have access to the next person in line. Once someone says they don't want it, the store has the right to sell it as a walk in

Ok, so they should go back to the drawing board and figure out how to do this properly. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi jkanaris.

As someone else mentioned, the only thing about the Reservation System that worked smoothly is that the $40 reservation fee was taken right away Smiley Tongue !!!

Oh well, have a good weekend, and maybe next week will be the week ...

I've Been Here Awhile

As stated previously by MANY people, frustrations with the organization Rogers are beginning to run HIGH for people that have barely moved in queues and I hope there are (no disrespect nor am I not appreciating what MeowMix is doing) paid Rogers employees aware on this forum taking notes as to all of the customers that are unhappy with their awful service, responses, attitudes, and progess they have had during this iPhone roll-out. I understand supply and distribution of said iPhones, but what is happening here to Rogers corporate community is unfortunely pathetic. Now, I also understand that there are users on the forum that might exadurate their spot in queue but I am in queue and have been since September 12th for a 64GB iPhone 6 Plus Space Grey and started at 380...unfortunately, I have moved less than 100 spots to 290 as of today. Not only is it abysmal to attempt to tell an almost 10 year customer that you have received less than 100 of that phone for your corporate customers but that I don't get any response from them. At this point, it is not acceptable to say it's a stock issue as no one will believe you have received less than 100 of that model. Further, other competitors have had stock far enough down their lines to fulfill pre-orders and deeper in queues. I am aware that I won't coax any response from an offical Rogers rep, but I hope that this tack (and trust me, compared to my true frustration this is tackful) response to the current roll-out will cause Rogers as an organization to rethink their systems, process, and responses to their "appreciated" customers. To be told that there is no information, they don't have any information, and won't have any more information from a business rep that is only accessible during the work hours of EST (which does nothing for western Canada) is unacceptable. At this point, I am bound by a contract and unable to change but as I have watched customers in Telus and Bell queues receive similar AND exact devices quicker than I (one of the first pre-orders) have I am disappointed to say the least. I will continue to impatiently wait for stock to get figured out and Rogers to irritate more and more "valued" customers but until then I hope enough customers express their frustration in non-violent and respectful manner as to alert Rogers to their extremely poor organization through this process. If enough customers are vocal in a mannered fashion I hope it can cause enough ruckus up the Rogers chain of command to merrit a change in process come next announcment.

Sincerely,

Frustrated Pre-Order #290

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@CondorXIII

I know Rogers employees are reading these forums ... e.g. I've seen RogersDarrell's name pop up on several posts.

Unfortunately, their purpose seem to be maintaining proper forum ettiquette rather than responding to our queries.

As for Corporate vs Consumer, I'm on the consumer side.

I too would give preference to Consumers over Corporate (sorry), but right now neither side seems to be progressing much.

Oh well, it's Friday ...

I've Been Here Awhile

@SpeedyC

Hey, so I'll be the first to admit I am not in marketing nor did I take business administration or anything of the kind in university to defend a counter point to Consumer vs. Corporate but I am curious as to how come? This is not a pointed, sarcastic, or anything along those lines question more than just honest curiosity. Why would you choose to fulfill consumer orders prior to corporate. I thought corporate accounts were where the larger money would be due to more traveling (travel packages = larger mark-up), larger voice plans (also more margin), larger accounts (more users), and a single point of customer service (an I.T. manager or person responsible for managing the phones = less people to keep happy and easier to direct focus and attention). 

Honestly, don't feel obligated to respond I just was intrigued by your comment and figured it would be a different topic than the frustration of long queues.

I Plan to Stick Around

im consumer and I am well over $400/month thats a nice car liese payment or an 90K morgage payment