Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

@Meowmix... Unfortunately some of us on the business/corporate reservations do not have other means of getting the phone since we can only upgrade through the reservations website or at Lifestyle and or Uptown communication.  I have called them too and they don't have stock either.  Even left my info on the phone I wanted but haven't heard from them.  The only option is to buy the phone unlocked at the apple store and for me that would not be an option.  I ordered Sept 20 6 64GB SL started at 578 and dropped down to 50 last Thursday and am now at 48 (due to cancellations) so here's hoping I can get a confirmation tomorrow or this weekend.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mtfuhi

That is true but some do not need to do that. I do agree as business & corporate customers u guys are only limited to certain ways to get a device. It does suck that way tho.
I Plan to Stick Around

I am quite dissapointed with the way rogers is handling business/corporate customers. For starters, I work till 6pm Vanc time (i.e. 9pm EST) - conveniently, this is when rogers business support ends. Although one may argue that business/corporate clients can contact regular support, I have tried and failed to get an answer as most reps reply with "please contact our business staff." Although disappointed, i usually give-in and wait till the weekend arrives so that i can contact rogers business support. The access to service until a certain time, in my opinion, needs to change. Either get regular customer service reps upto speed/access to corporate accounts after hours, or increase the number of hours they are open. 

Secondly, I am sadened to know that Corporate clients can ONLY order via reservation centre. When i ordered my HTC one m7 last year, i was allowed to pickup via Rogers plus store but not this year for the iphone 6 (64gb space grey). My friend, with a regular account, called a rogers store in Vancouver to check if they had stock. To his (and my) surprise they did. He told them to put the phone on hold on friday and picked it up on monday October 13. This while I (and numerous other) corporate clients are stuck in queue at exactly the same number (minus cancellations) since Friday (when my friend called for his phone).

This wait wouldnt be as painful had i not lost my htc one and forced to order a new phone, but regardless of my circumstances, such service is unacceptable. I understand if Apple is filling orders at their end before giving telecom providers more inventory BUT how does one explain how rogers stores (yes plural, i called and checked and many seem to have in stock) in Mainland Vancouver have stock while corporate clients are stuck waiting in a never moving queue hoping another frustrated customer cancels his/her reservation so that the account holder moves up? 

Now lets get to what competitors are offering - while rogers is giving away a free logitech bluetooth (which i do not need), Telus is offering apple care+ AND an opportunity to upgrade every year for a $10 fee - this is an amazing deal as applecare alone costs $99: i must admit i am unsure if corporate clients have access to this as well. Additionally, telus is also offering $50 to customers that haven't rec'd their phones within 2 weeks from the date he/she placed an order. I do not want the $50, but it at least shows some appreciation for loyalty. 

From,

Customer who reserved iphone 6 64gb space grey on September 26, 2014 (#500 in queue)

I'm Here A Lot

update:

corporate customer, reserved sat. sept 20th at 10am. gold 6+ 128 gb. as of this week:

(finally got it today!!!)

Mississauga, ON, Canada 10/16/2014 12:52 Delivered
10/16/2014 7:30 Out for Delivery
10/16/2014 5:42 Arrival Scan
Concord, ON, Canada 10/16/2014 5:21 Departure Scan
Concord, ON, Canada 10/15/2014 21:48 Origin Scan
Canada 10/14/2014 19:25 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skateboardp86

Glad you got urs!!!Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

@ Meowmix

Hello saturntoronto

The reservation started at 3:15am not 5am lol. I reserved it at 3:15am & was #11 for the 128GB Space Gray 6+. Got it the day after release. ( Shipped out Release day).

It does suck. Apple claimed they calmed down on the production of the iPhone 6 & upped the 6+ production to meet the demands. They needed to do this from the start to be honest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reservation was supposed to start at 5 am NOT 315 am.

Just the first of the oh so many failings with the system.

It has now been over almost 1 month from the first ship date and Rogers has said nada about what is going on.

No updates, no nothing.

Totally unacceptable.

We know that Rogers is monitoring this forum, so why not provide a bit of info.

Initially, Rogers said it would provide weekly updates.

Did ANYONE get an update?  even one?  other than the text promising an email that never came?
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers was never my first choice as a carrier I would be with, I ended up a Rogers customer through marriage. When I called into Rogers on October 1st to upgrade to an iPhone 6+ I was told that there were 128GB devices in all three colours, but no other models. Thus, if I wanted to have an Iphone 6+ those were my current choices.

I was interested more in a 64GB but as that was not currently available according to the Rogers rep, I chose the 128GB silver. I was forced to upgrade my plan to their new share everything plans, which happened to be around $30 more for the same service I have now. I was told that it could take up to 10 business days to process and be shipped out. I thought 'yeah right', remembering that they said this to me when I bought my 5, and that device shipped within a few days. 

Now welcome to 'Day 10', this day has gone by without a shipping confirmation. I called Rogers today to be told that this device is sold out and I will not have one shipped today. Which makes me feel cheated- why did the Rogers rep push me to get the (more expensive) 128GB model if it was going to be out of stock with the other sizes? Had I known I would be waiting this long, surely I wouldn't have upgraded my plan to pay more without the actual phone I upgraded the plan for so soon. 

And I had to call for this information. No call, email or text from Rogers. I continue to be baffled that for a comunications company, Rogers is atrocious as communication. If Rogers called me and said "Cody, you need to pay your bill", and I said "I'll pay it within 10 business days", and the rep said "Okay, Cody, we have set a payment arrangement for it to be paid in 10 business days" ... do you know what would happen at the end of day 10 if I did not make a payment? I would be punished, my service would be cut off for failing to meet the expectations of the agreement I made. And Rogers? Nothing. There's no accountability, not even a simple apology. I pay $200 in mobile service alone, and I get nothing but disrespect and deception from Rogers. 

I'm sorry if I sound like a whiny baby, I just feel so disenchanted by Rogers. This is not the behaviour I should expect from one of the leading telecommunication companies.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JS77

Original it was supposed to open at 6. Then they sent out a email saying 5am. When i was on at 3:15am i checked and was open so i and others reserved ours. I do agree they should have stocked with the 5am opening.

They did post a comment way back about 2-3 weeks ago or so but that was about it. After that nothing was posted. I do agree they need to communicate more on this matter.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I pre ordered a 6+ 128GB SL on 12 Sep. I started in 250ish place but have been stuck at around 90 for a few weeks! When can I reasonably expect to get the phone?

Thanks.
I Plan to Stick Around

How do you know how may people are in your line? is that a business option?
My Iphone 4 reboots or crashes on almost every call I've had to forward the number to an old flip phone to take calls so I feel your pain