Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

My situation:

Business Reservation

3 x iPhone 6+ 64GB SG

Reserved on Sept 12

#141/142/143 out of 1132

Ugh, so there was a glitch a few days ago with the queue system for me. On Oct 7 in the evening, my queue position jumped from  157 to 54, and then on the morning of Oct 8, it dropped significantly to 144. It now sits at 141.

I emailed Rogers CS to see what happened, and they said "Did you receive an e-mail update on the order number changes or did you log in and see this? I apologize - it seems to be a system 'glitch' as this fluctuation should not happen.".

I said I logged into the system to see this, and didn't get a email.

Anyhow, I've asked if they have any comment on "consumer reservations" getting devices ahead of "business reservations". It seems by many posts here, this is the case. (sigh).

We'll keep waiting in the meantime. 

#frustrated

I've Been Here Awhile

@gear1975 wrote:

Anyhow, I've asked if they have any comment on "consumer reservations" getting devices ahead of "business reservations". It seems by many posts here, this is the case. (sigh).

#frustrated

It doesn’t look for me in this way.

In three weeks my position in consumer queue for 6+ 64GB SG roughly changed for ~ 30 numbers (cancellations?). And yes I also mentioned position “fluctuation” forth and back. It is impossible that in three weeks it was no supply at all for the model and I know (from this thread, for example) that the model was received by Rogers but not for me...

P.S. I passed similar situation with 4s when it was launched. Everything what I obtained were only apologies about my problem, but not a phone...

Cheers.

I Plan to Stick Around

icnm, still "pending activation" for me,  btw, whereabouts you from? i'm from edmonton.  i'm just trying to gauge and see how long shipping takes for some people.  i hear that the warehouse the phone ships from is in ontario..

I've Been Around

ive been waiting 4 weeks for 16gb + im number 124 in ottawaw
I Plan to Stick Around

@Aldor

Thanks for your insight. I guess it's our particular model of iPhone 6+ that's causing this delay too. But, that said, I do afree with you that it's not likely that no supply at all was for this model.

I guess we continue to wait...
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@gear1975

I don't even really understand how the reservation system works. Like you I'm on a business/corporate plan and yet when I reserved my device (6+ 64GB SG) at about 7:30AM on September 12th I was 1100th in line. I steadily dropped suring the first two weeks and now am sitting at #239. I don't get how people who reserved after me got a lower number in line and why after 4 weeks I am still waiting for this phone...

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Everyone, 

So I was up early on the 12th (I'm on the west coast) reserving my 6+ 64gb gold and was at around #750, I dropped steadily to about 250 then went to 27 when they got a bunch of deliveries or something. I pretty much held there till a week and a half ago with no movement. So I started checking the Apple stores for availability. I ended up finding a 6+ 64g silver - (which I actually like better than the gold) and went in yesterday to pick it up. The whole process with Apple is pain-free and I strongly recommend checking the Apple stores' availability throughout the day. But don't just stay on the landing page - actually log in with your apple id and go through the motions of selecting models and contract/no contract. Often the landing page shows that nothing is available but then, you see it available when you're logged in. Yes, it takes time out of the day, but if you're really keen on one (like I was), it totally pays off.

Here's the link: https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/CA/en_CA/reserve/iPhone/availability

Good luck everyone!

I Plan to Stick Around

@landrews187

Exactly.
I Plan to Stick Around

@etorre,

sorry to hear that man, hopefully it doesn't take much longer. I'm from Ottawa, Ontario. It looks like the package was shipped from Concord, ON. You'd think they'd have multiple warehouses though...

I Plan to Stick Around

I've been sitting at 49 for the past week, down from the low 50s, thanks to cancellations.  In other words, no movement...at all.  I've looked at reserving from Apple, but they only have the 16G and Bestbuy and Futureshop won't let me reserve online (i.e. I have to go to the store)...Meow, do you know when they're going to get more phones for consumers?

Thanks!