Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Does anyone know a website that will notify me of stock of iPhones in local stores?
I Plan to Stick Around

@twenty8

At least you got the phone... Smiley Happy

Almost same situation here: I pre-ordered a Silver 6+ 64GB (exactly the same model) on Sept. 12th and was in the low 100s. My phone's status changed to IN PROGRESS on Sept. 25th too.

From that moment NO TEXT, NO EMAIL, NO CALLS, and, obviously, NO PHONE yet.

This is ridiculous. Is it really taking Rogers 2 weeks to ship my phone to a Rogers Plus store???

Unbelievable... Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

pamena

Yes I know, and I'm glad that at least I have it now. I really don't understand why you haven't received yours, considering you were even lower than me in our original positions. The whole system is not very straight forward...and that's being polite about it.

When mine went to IN PROGRESS..and nothing happened for a week, I was really worried my phone was already in store, and by the time I found out...they would have released it. I wonder if that has actually happened to anyone. So many have been IN PROGRESS for longer than a week now? That doesn't seem right. I believe the idea that Rogers falsely moved orders to IN PROGRESS to deter people from buying elsewhere.

I Plan to Stick Around

What a pathetic  Launch of the IPhone 6,

In 3 weeks my reservation has barely moved.

number 86 now , one per day latley, at this rate i will have it for christmas.

I've Been Here Awhile

Do you think they make them and then put them in a box and ship them out one at a time? They make hundreds of thousands and ship out entire cargo planes full at a time. You realize they have already sold over 10 million phones right? that is 10 000 000 Try to just fathom how many phones that is. Humans have to make these phones, there isn't some machine that just pumps them out. Be patient it will be worth it in the end. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@dfdfgd yup!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a sneaking suspicion Rogers is performing the old three-tier marketing strategy of (1) pass the buck ("It's Apple's fault"), (2) self-effacement ("Sorry, we know this can be frustrating"), and (3) when all else fails, ignore the problem and hopefully it'll go away. They should spend less time watching the "House of Lies" series and more time improving their customer service.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@pamena

At least you're status has changed.

I reserved the same model as you: iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Silver.

I've been stuck on Position 3 OPEN since September 25, 2014 ...

I Plan to Stick Around

@ninjawhat wrote:

Do you think they make them and then put them in a box and ship them out one at a time? They make hundreds of thousands and ship out entire cargo planes full at a time. You realize they have already sold over 10 million phones right? that is 10 000 000 Try to just fathom how many phones that is. Humans have to make these phones, there isn't some machine that just pumps them out. Be patient it will be worth it in the end. 

Nobody questions this part of the process. We're discussing the ethically questionable and poor planning procedure of an over-eager marketing strategy (i.e. the reservation fiasco). It kinda reminds me of contractors who overbook. Once they sucker you in, you wait months for the job to get done.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I don't mind waiting, as long as I am kept HONESTLY up-to-date of the situation.

It scares me when I hear people are getting notices that they must pick up their phone by a certain date or they lose thier reservation, yet their phone is not in store by that date.

No one will blame Rogers for what is clearly a supply issue on Apple's side.

But that doesn't mean Rogers doesn't need to respond to THEIR customers either!

Just keep us regularly, and honestly informed please!

The alternative is consant speculation/Rogers-bashing ...