Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richelsd
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

My theory is this as to why we got texts but no emails.

They put us in progress last week to stop us from canceling orders and buying elsewhere.

They sent text messages to further contain us from doing so.

There's no way we shouldnt have phones by now if they were following the same process as those that got theirs closer to launch. I.e. In progress, text, follow up email, phone next day.

If they're using the shipping is expensive and they're waiting for more that will be excuse enough for them to lose a customer.
SpeedyC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@

Ahhh ... that makes more sense now! That (sorta) restores my faith in the Reservation System!

BTW: I'm in Toronto and I just visted the Bell Store in the RBC Plaza. They have iPhone 6 Plus 128gb Gold on sale if anyone's interested ...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello richelsd

That could be it but from the past which i have seen that is not the case. They can not manually change your status without inputting the device on the account & the IMEI number. Yes they add the IMEI number on each account so that way if it gets stolen via UPS or lost, they can track it as u never got it.

Also the text messages were sent out via Rogers & Fido so its the system, not a human. This again happened in 2012 with the iPhone 5. My sister was waiting for it & got a text but no email. She got the phone a few days later but the text was a accident as they claimed.

NOW both theory can be true or something else can be. No one knows for sure what is going on right now.
KittyKat43
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow. After 1236 pages- Rogers responds...
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello KittyKat43

They usually do not respond on here unless someone is getting attacked or explain something about rules or calm down the thread. . Its a user to user forum so they do not step in. Same goes for the Telus forums & Fido forums.
cally001
I'm Here A Lot

I also recieved the text. It would be nice if a rogers rep could chime in on what happened there. If they have actually been sent out for shipping or not. I guess I'll have to attack someone in order for them to respond though.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello cally001

I do agree they should have said something IF this was a accident which i hope they do.
Doug1234
I Plan to Stick Around

Didn't even have to go to the Apple Store! My local Rogers business location had a iPhone 6 64gb in stock so I picked it up, I think the iPhone 6+ would of been to big anyway
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Doug1234

Glad you got one from the store!! 🙂 Enjoy it:)
thekingsim
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got a call from my rogers plus store. They have my iphone 6+ 16Gb SG. Received the text message yesterday but not the e-mail. So there's hope for all of you.