Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello thedarkhorse

I am sure you will get it by the end of the week.
SlyM
I Plan to Stick Around

@kortasc wrote:
Anyone get a text and an email? Went in progress saturday and got a text yesterday.

Went in progress last Thursday AM, Have yet to receive a text or email re shipping update. 

Silver 64GB 6+

kadd0007
I'm Here A Lot

Hi guys what does HUP stand for?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SlyM

You are not the only one. It seems like Fido customers are having the same issue. its either a glitch with the system that mass texted customers that their devices shipped & they have not or they have but the statuses never changed.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kadd0007

HUP means Hardware Upgrade Program. Its just a short form that they call it HUP instead of the full name.

Steve-0
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @ProtoWTF, I originally meant to link both, but I must had left the wrong one in the clipboard.
Steve-0
I Plan to Stick Around

HUP=Hardware Upgrade Program.

SolidCell
I've Been Around

Yes its true you have to upgrade your plan to a current $80+ (and thats just the base plan, it doesnt count if you have add-ons) and I'm VERY irrate about it.  I barely use long distance and I now see no value whatsoever in being on a 2 year term as it will be less expensive to just buy the device if you can afford it up front. Many people spend that kind of money on a laptop every couple of years and moving forward, that is the way I'm going to have to look at getting a phone. In the 21st century people are using more and more data/texting and less minutes, yet all newer plans seem to focus on the polar OPPOSITE of this well known/yrs old trend. As of today, I would have to spend $25 more per month to get the data I have now - a couple of weeks/months ago a 6GB plan was like $110!!! Rogers was positioning 2yr plans as 'listening to our customers' when we all knew it was actually forced on them by the CRTC - I wish Rogers (and other carriers) would listen to their customers and tone down the price with better values in data. A year ago - you only needed to spend $50/month on your base plan and new device pricing was almost the same for those phones (EG a 64GB iPhone 5s was just under $1000) as they are for the iPhone 6 and 6+ now. So what is the justification for this?

Ok - rant over. Sorry. Phew.

Conclusion - I want to get an iPhone 6+ too, but I think its smarter/cheaper to just buy it outright if you can at this point and keep your old plan as long as you can if you see more value in it then the current ones.

Audi23
I Plan to Stick Around

@meowmix
I live in Regina and no stores have seen a 6+ at all. One reservation came into a Rogers Kiosk but it seems Saskatchewan did not get many 6+.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Audi23

Yea not many cities in Canada & US have gotten then 6+ as they are shorten from Apple. Only the Apple stores get but very little amount.