Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello allanligon

Stores will have the 6 in stock as Apple is pumping more of those devices then the 6+ which even Apple said. That is why the 6+ isn't anywhere unless u order it & even then you will need to wait,.

You are lucky you are getting yours as many business customers are still waiting!
I Plan to Stick Around

hi meowmix,

i'm also waiting for the ups guys to show up...

I've Been Around

Hello all, & thank you to Meowmix for your time & efforts in this thread. As I wait for my iPhone I've been getting myself educated in reading through 1,234 pages of comments 😉

I'm a business customer, reservation made Sept 17 (iPhone 6, 128Gb Gold). I started at #98 out of 98, on launch day went to #56 out of 89 and I'm currently #50 out of 118 (must have been 6 cancellations to get me up on the list), & I'm still in the "In Progress (Pre-Fulfillment)" status.
I found the business reservation FAQ link when going over the first email. About the In Progress (Pre-Fulfillment) status for business clients it says:
In Progress (Pre-Fulfillment) – Your device reservation has been validated and accepted. You will still be able to modify your reservation and you will receive weekly place-in-line update emails.

Here's the link to that FAQ:

https://reservebusinessdevice.ca/FAQ//ReservationSystemFAQs.pdf

Thanks for all the comments and any help to see what's going on here as we wait.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Delta14

I just remembered that you mentioned needing new SIMs.

Apple was going to supply me with a new SIM, so you may be able to still upgrade.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello allanligon

They should show up shortly. 🙂
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@

Hi Darrell.

Thanks again for the reminder on the role of Resident Experts.

They do not represent Rogers and ...  wait a tick ... you do!

It is obvious you have been following this thread ... I've seem your handle on several users' post.

Can you provide the forum ANY details you have regarding:

1. Rogers expected availabilty of iPhone 6 Plus? 

If Rogers say late October to November 2014, I can wait. At least my expectations are properly set.

2. The reservation system not behaving as expected?

e.g. I reserved a iPhone6 Plus 64gb Silver. I was at position 3 last Thursday with status Open. Another member confirmed he reserved  the same model, was in position 70's, and his status is 'In Progress'. How did he jump ahead of me?

3. Can you also speak to the Business users community as well as to what their expectations should be?

Right now everything is hearsay ... we have well-meaning RE's trying to help, but no one can help Rogers more than Rogers.

Please set our expectations staight!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello johnsrob

Thank you!. Yes this is the longest thread on the forums & longest thread i have ever made lol. Its hard to read threw all those pages lol.

Thank you for that as well!!:)
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix generously volunteering her time.   Everyone should stay positive and educate yourselves.

Bought a Griffin 6+ Survivor Case which are hard to find in this phone size. Educated through Youtube and Web reviews on the Pros and Cons (including the bending pressure area) of the new features to minimize the learning curve.  Got quotes on the trade-in vs. private sale value for the iPhone 4.  I've already backed up all my data and photos.  You will be required to perform most of the actions when you get the phone.  

So waiting does suck, but websites and articles predicted 3-4 weeks after Sep 19 launch.  We're only 12 days and instead of spending time venting on this thread, try to be productive.  It might save you some money and time.  I have a 4 year old phone in great shape besides the poor reception.  The phone will arrive and spend the extra time waiting to be productive, you will enjoy the device much more.

I've Been Here Awhile

iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Space Grey 6+ 64GB Space Grey

Position :      3066

Does the position go down in large chunks...? Past couple of days its gone done by 20-30. I have a feeling I will be getting this around Christmas. I should have pre-ordered awhile ago..... *sigh*

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Slam1967

His**!!LOL . Exactly. Bell, Telus, Apple & all the other websites have posted a 4-6 week wait for the 6+ in all models / colors & GB. So Rogers won't get many if Apple can not them selfs.

Everyone should just take some time & look around & do some other stuff & then come back or if they want or need the phone badly, try doing it via Apple or somewhere else if they have it.