Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello Steve- o

I see what u are getting at. Most of my statements if not all have come true as i seen how is to works and get some inside information from the warehouse. One user threating me isn't a big deal to me as i can deal with it. We see all giving estimate times and in reality it should ship out tonight or best tomorrow night.

I don't work for Rogers nor get paid to do this. I made all the reservation threads on my own without anyone telling me to do so and do it on my own time and don't get paid to do this. Find me a thread where u will see the OP helping others like i have with 1.000+ pages or putting their own free time to do so . Not many can do this. Either way hopefully If " Zappy" or another user wants to " yell" at me so be it. Its not the first time I have had this happen and won't be the last so i can deal with it. They need to be more patient a bit as its just a phone in the end of the day and it's not the end of the world. Cmon guys. If u think this is bad, go look outside of the thread at other companies how bad they have screwed up. By no means am i helping Rogers as many times and many years I have said Rogers screwed up badly and isn't acting like they should be but they aren't the only ones. I am sure being a little more patient u will get the phone. Remember you aren't locked to get it via Rogers. U can reserve one from Apple or try via Best Buy or Future shop as i said this many times. I have said the reservation system has issues many times believe me.
I Plan to Stick Around

I guess the biggest reason why I am frustrated is because I had the chance to get the exact phone I wanted a week ago, granted i would have to drive 2 hours for it (each way) but I would of had it and could of sold my other phone by now.......I put my faith in Rogers that they would be speedy about this, which clearly I was wrong.....It is not their priority to get these phones out quickly.....I suspect that people may have changed status prematurely and they are waiting for stock to ship......In my case I am picking up at an authorized dealer....so perhaps they are holding my order until they reach a certain amount to send to that specific warehouse, however in my opinion to make a customer wait more than 3 business days to put a phone in a box and ship it is a bit rediculous.....Just my thoughts........
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

"I don't work for Rogers nor get paid to do this. I made all the reservation threads on my own without anyone telling me to do so and do it on my own time and don't get paid to do this. If " Zippy" the r another user wants to " yell" at me so be it. They need to be more patient a bit as its just a phone in the end and it's not the end of the world. Cmon guys. If u think this is bad, go look outside of the thread at other companies how bad they have screwed up. By no means am i helping Rogers as many times and many years I have said Rogers screwed up badly and isn't acting like they should be but they aren't the only ones."

While all of us (if not most of us) understand you dont' work for Rogers, you still represent ROGERS. So yes, what you do say carries weight, and whether or not what you "guess" comes true speaks as ROGERS representation. So while we recognize and appreciate your forum moderation, you need to be mindful that forums are meant as an open communication and allow for the reasonable and tolerable expression of opinion or feeling towards said topic. If someone is expressing impatience, then so be it aswell. Don't say "then go ahead and yell at me", then follow up with "It's just a phone guys!" You go from being open to trying to control and yes 'belittle' by advising people of the insignificance of a "phone". 

If the above is intolerable, or unreasonable by any means let me know. Like many others, I am here to express my thoughts and opinions. If we are all in the wrong place, please let us know.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mattc1989

It could well be that reason why it's happening. Anything is possible at this moment. It shouldn't take more then one business day to ship something out unless they are waiting for more shipments to thay specific area or store. Even then it shouldn't take that long
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been in Progress since last week and the only consensus on this thread is Rogers has screwed up the reservation process, yet, I agree with the comments by Meowmix you don't have to buy the phone through Rogers. You can even change carriers if you're out of contract. Rogers has been notoriously bad with customer service, but Bell is arrogant and Telus clueless. I'm not trying to defend Rogers, just remember this is only a phone.

Most of you are likely paying less until your plan upgrades. You won't be billed until it arrives and can cancel or refuse the pre-order. Besides shopping elsewhere, alternatives ie Galaxy S5 or Note 4 (arrives this week) could be considered. I hate Rogers like most of the comments here, but hard to be angry when you can easily search Apple, Best Buy, Future Shop or the other Telcos are also out of stock. A little communication would be appreciated, but if your existing phone (still using iPhone 4) works and you're paying less at the moment, just be patient it will arrive.
I Plan to Stick Around

@ Meowmix.

Hello again, Meow.

I was going to make the same comment as Steve-O did.

I think that you started saying that phones should ship out last week (for those that went in progress on Thursday).

Clearly, that was wrong.

Perhaps best to say that you do not know.

As for your repeated comments about it "only being a phone", it may be a bit more than that for some.

I, for example, have been without an iPhone since mid-August.

Others have commented about their 4s being on their last legs, needing to replace damaged phones, etc.

I have been making do hoping that the 6 would have been in my hands by now.

My business is suffering and I am spending WAY too much time trying to figure out what is going on.

The Rogers Plus store that I am supposed to pick up at has not answered its phone for over 2 weeks----not once (and I have tried many times).

Rogers needs to recognize that it is a service business and needs to act like one.

They have long had a monopoly (duopoly?), that they will soon lose--hopefully.

When that time comes, I suspect that this debacle will come back to haunt them.

I do recognize that the Apple supply lines are constrained, but Rogers should have known that and done more than just say a reservation is not a guarantee.

I for one will NEVER use the system again.

I am going to give it a couple of more days simply because I need to do some other things with my Rogers account that I doubt bhe Apple store can do.

However, if I do not have the 6+ by Friday, I will take my chance with Apple.

Thanks again for taking all the time that you have with this forum.  But, again, perhaps be a little more guarded in your predictions (and less of an apologist for Rogers)

I'm Here A Lot

I intended my "sream at you" comment to be read as sarcasm.  Iappologize for it being taken at face value.

I understand you dont work for Rogers, and was just looking for the average timeline between getting status changed to IN PROGESS and receiving the shipping confirmation.

I wont scream at anybody.  I will just find out where you live and steal your iphone 6+

THAT WAS A JOKE.

Thank you all.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JS77

Yes i was wrong saying it would have shipped last Friday BUT if you go also look back at those posts i did say this week as well. I am not being apologist for Rogers at all. They know how i feel about them like many on here as i have been here for a long time & expressed my feelings towards Rogers many times actually.

I also did state business customers will need to wait as Rogers tends to make the business customers wait for a while after the launch. I said that WAY to many times to even count.

The store not answering the phone is their problem. Maybe call them privately or go by the store & see why they are not picking up?

I can understand many of you have phones that may not work properly or do not have phones at all. Like i said in my above post i was in your spots once as well so i do know the feeling. I also did state this isn't your online option tho. You can go into a Future Shop or Best buy & order one or go via Apple. I have said this many times as well. You aren't just locked to do this. You have other options as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Zeppy27

"I intended my "sream at you" comment to be read as sarcasm.  Iappologize for it being taken at face value."

...and I took it as sarcasm, however, @Meomix's response helped to serve as an example of subjective vs. objective moderation. The latter being the standard for forum moderation. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Zeppy27
Ahh okay. Thank you for the clarification as other users are taking it into count & posting things because of that as well..

You can have it just make sure it doesn't bend when you sit on it :P. I tried bending mine but didn't bend so lol.