Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Wait until you get a text message telling you that it's shipped and the shipping details have been sent to your e-mail.  Except you're still "In Progress" and nothing was ever sent to your e-mail.  And no one at Rogers can tell you anything.  It is just a bit frustrating. 

Good luck!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello luv2fly

Rogers customer service won't give out information as they don't know anything. Reps don't get info unless head office sends it to the managers and the managers gives it to them. I do agree it's bee a pain that they haven't said much.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My apprecaited!  Lets hope you are right.

Will be sure to scream at you tomorrow if nothing has shipped.

Regards,

I Plan to Stick Around

Ya i spoke to them and got the transaction ID, where they told me I can keep my plan....so fingers crossed :).....Just to let everyone know, if you do not ship to a Rogers Plus store it will take longer, Rogers is cheap and does not want to ship to third party stores, so they ship it to a warehouse and then the warehouse eventually ships it to your store.

So hopefully it ships today/tonight, so the warehouse receives it say tomorrow night friday sometime, they process it and ship it to the store...so I'm probably looking at Wednesday or Thursday.....YET ANOTHER WEEK I HAVE TO WAIT >.< Best buy needs to get some phones in....seriously, I am seriously considering just leaving rogers. Ughhh I need to get my new phone so I can sell my old one.........

@Meowmix - does that sound right? Is the Authorized Dealer warehouse in Ontario? Do you know??? I am hoping that Rogers will ship these as fast as they can since the huge delay to customers.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello gordbot

As i said in my previous message, this happened in 2012 with the iPhone 5 launch.. The system sent out by accident the texts without anyone knowing. Remember humans arent sending out the texts, its a system which is doing it. So it could be that
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Zeppy27

That's good as i am not telling u for sure it's being shipped out tomorrow now am i?. I am giving u a best estimate time which in reality it should be shipped out tomorrow or even tonight at most.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mattc1989

Every Rogers authorized dealer has a different warehouse located in a different area. So it COULD be in Ontario.
I'm Here A Lot

Meowmix,

Rogers is responsible for their systems.  They are a massive technology company.  You'd think that if they had these problems with the iPhone 5 launch, then they've had a year to iron out the kinks.  (not to mention the same thing happened with a Galaxy launch as well).  I realise it is a computer sending it out, but here are the problems.

1) Send a text saying you've been sent an e-mail with the shipping details.

2) No e-mail arrives

3) No reps anywhere can give you any details about your pre-order.

4) Wait

So, if you're saying that 1 is just an inevitable part of business (which it isn't), then they should make the business decision to allow reps to access information about the status of yoru pre-order (fix 3).

Either fix one, or change 3.  But you don't get to have a compeltely internet-based system and then have no recourse for when it breaks (which, we can all agree it has before).  No sense defending the indefensible.  Either ensure your system can send out e-mails at the appropriate time informing customers of information they were told they'd receive, or at least allow reps to provide that information if the system fails to send it.

By your logic, when this happens again with the Reservation system for the iPhone 7, we can just say "this happened in 2012 and 2014 with the iPhone 5 and 6 launches." 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

"It should ship out by tonight."

You should be more careful about your statements and about your actual lack of representation from Rogers. Hence why you got the response from ...zippy or whoever about "screaming at you". Its likely best to not even give estimations. Personally, I just don't want you to get in hot water for your statements or "best guess" as it can be perceived as fact.

Steve

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello gordbot

I agree that they should have fixed it. They should have taken responsibility and fixed the issues prior to having the reservation system open or if they saw this was a error, send out a text like they did with the 5 telling customers it was a error. I am hoping it's not a error and that ur phones have been shipped out and the status hasn't changed.

Reps can't access the reservation system as the system is only connected to the warehouse and their manages. Last year I went to the warehouse and seen it that's why i know a bit of these things. I know its frustrating and believe me i have been in ur spot before a few times.