Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello wpd

Incorrect. I was able to add Apple Care via Rogers store and it's added on my invoice. You can do it both ways. I have the receipt at home that shows i added Apple Care for $0 but it's added on my invoice for $99. Did this for the past 2 years. You can do it
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey guys,

After returning my iPhone 6 and managing to pick up a non reserved 6 PLUS from Apple, I'm going to be returning the 6 PLUS. The huge screen is eye candy for me, but it's use as an MP3 player and actual, phone on-the-go, feels too big and heavy. 

The regular 6 I had was extremely light and looked more smooth and slick than the 6 PLUS. I can kind of understand how Apple figured more people would buy the regular 6. I can't even tell the difference between the 720p and 1080p resoulition between the phones.

My wife constantly makes fun of how I look holdng up this huge block when I talk on the phone. Despite trying to convince myself of keeping it, I just couldn't.

I seriously suggest you stay under 30 minutes of talk time to ensure you can return your phone to Rogers in case you feel the same way as I do. If you are like me, and use the phone on the go, for the gym, as an mp3 player, you may want to reconsider the phone itself.

I think I'll throw this bad boy on kijiji and sell it at base price. I traded in my old iphone and got $205 from Apple, so I'm not in the market to make a profit.

Good luck on those still waiting for the phone, cheers!

Andrew - Ottawa

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Still position #14 for a 6+ 16GB SG.. Preordere on September 12th at 9.30am. Business account. How ridiculous is this? Anyone experienced any changes in business accounts? This will be my last phone with rogers!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix, the question was doing an upgrade FROM APPLE, not Rogers. If you upgrade your phone at Apple, they will make you pay for Applecare ( if you want it ) up front.

I did it at Apple and have the receipt. Asked for it to go on my Rogers bill and Apple stated they could not do it.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Wait, so if you're doing a Hardware Upgrade Fee, the cost of the phone AND the hardware upgrade fee as well as the Apple Care price can ALL be added on your invoice?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Thanks for the info about Apple care being added at the Rogers store. Didn't know you can do this and thought you needed to schedule an appointment with Apple for pre-inspection. I will definitely add this warranty immediately after the phone arrives.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone reserve a 64GB Space Grey 6+ on the 16th, who now has their phone?
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey andrewmalheiro, I was in the same boat this week.  I just got back from returning my iPhone 6 Plus to Rogers after having it since this past Sunday.  It wasn't at all that bad during the week when i was just commuting to work and the phone sat on my desk or on the passenger seat of the car.  I absolutely loved the screen. Then I tried cycling, the gym, jogging and it was not a great experience to say the least.  

Stunning screen and incredible battery life but for my needs, it just didn't work out.  I hope whoever is next in line in the Toronto area will enjoy it!  It is a space grey 64GB iPhone 6 Plus.  It is an amazing phone that'll make the right owner very happy I'm sure.

Off to reserve a regular 6 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Roger's live chat is completely useless. 

I upgraded the line I ordered my 6 plus on, my 6 plus is shipped. I decided last evening to upgrade all 3 lines. Getting my lines confused I upgraded the wrong one in store. Can I use my the phone I reserved on that line on my other line (all the same account) when it comes in? 

The agent on the live chat is saying no, I have to cancel and reserve all over again once the phone arrives in store since it's already cleared for shipping. But... I've heard others who when they didn't want their reserved phones took a friend or family member in and transferred their reserved device to that person. So confusing. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hwo can you check your reserve status in line? On my Rogers all I get is a generic few categories and my profile overview keeps saying thre is an error with the system at this time yada yada... been that way over a week. I'm not a current rogers customer, only reserved the phone. Emai confirmation said I would receive weekly updates, which of course, hasnt happened yet.