Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Loving the 6+ and after a day or two of getting used to the size increase, it is definitely not too big.

For those worried about bending... Just put a rigid case on it and your all good. Shouldn't be walking around with a $1,000 phone with no case anyways.

Always surprised me that people will buy a $1,000 phone and then put a $2 piece of silicone on it. Buy a quality case and protect your investment.

I also got applecare+... on the 6+ it's a no brainer. 2 At fault replacements plus cost of applecare+ and you still save a few bucks over 1 Out of Warranty repair.

I'm a Senior Enthusiast

I see the bendable phone as a cool new feature. Gives you the option of creating your very own apple watch months before it's officially released so you can be the envy of your friends and family
I Plan to Stick Around

At $1000 you shouldn't have to buy a case. It's like buying a new couch and wrapping it in plastic like the old school Europeans use to do. I would just buy applecare and go caseless unless the phone bending is a worry for you. Apple comes out with such a beautiful product, so nice and thin yet people put these monstrous cases on it that doubles it's size. Just never made much sense to me. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I want my phone - I am 118 now and still OPEN like jesus Rogers, the whole walk in thing and reservation system is so dumb! Like can't they just get shipments in and have a list of people for every location and then allocate the phones by priorty sequence through the reservation system? No they would rather be lazy and just make their customers wait, honestly... whoever came up with this butchered system should be canned immediately.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I got a pick up for an iPhone 6+ today at Apple. I paid 4$ to get a notificaiton from that iPhone stock website and it text me this morning at 7:57 as I waked into work. I managed to snag a 64GB model (they had Gold at 64gb, Black at 64gb/128gb). I actually missed an opportunity 2 days ago as I received a text at midnight, but ignored it thinking it was a friend. When I finally looked at it, it was too late. 

I've been at position 7 with Rogers since I pre-ordered at 5am September 12th. Kind of crazy that I was sitting with an open status for that long. 

If anyone is truly wanting to get their hands on a 6+ ASAP, I highly suggest paying $4 to get notifications. You have to pay $4 per phone you want notifications for, but the trick I found was to pay $4 for the 64GB Gold iPhone as this one seems to be the most common one that I have observed within the past week. SIlver seems to be the most rare as well. 

This is the site: https://iphonestock.ca/?6=false

Time to go cancel my Futureshop, Bestbuy & Rogers pre-orders. I think I might have had over $180 in pre order deposits.. LOL

I Plan to Stick Around

@Andrew, that site is GREAT. I used it too and got my Iphone 6 + 64gb SIlver yday. The crazy thing is I still got another text last night for yet another silver 64gb 6+ that become avail. I guess I forgot to unsubscribe after I got  mine.

But basically its worth it for you guys who wana get your phone. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Am i the only person that thinks Apple is hiding something in regards to the 6+ iphone?

how in the world can there be such a shortage of these phones? even if the 140,000 they reported they produce a day is really 50% and its only 70,000 phones a day, in 7 days since launch they should have around 500,000 of these phones.

where are these phones going? China? Europe? where?

whoever is in charge of the rollout should be fired at Apple,

this is Insanely STUPID.

I Plan to Stick Around

They've sold over 10 million combined (6 & 6+). The demand for the 6+ seems to be greater than the 6. They were producing 400,000 6s a day and only 140,000 6+ a day. I would say that 70% of the people who wanted a new iPhone wanted a 6+ over a 6. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone with a business reservation have a move in their reservation at all?  Still in the low 200s.  Moved a total of 40 spots in a week.  Iphone 6 64GB Space Grey if you're wondering

I Plan to Stick Around

I know this isn't news to you guys but I had to post it on Rogers' Facebook page:

So, it's almost a week since launch and still, while I see iPhone 6s and 6+s in peoples' hands, those of us who have reserved wait with a status of Open. It's a no brainer, which well over a thousand Rogers customers have expressed on Rogers Community Forums (thread: "Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!."): Rogers reservation is pretty well meaningless and doesn't work. Next time go to the source and avoid wait times: Apple Store.