Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello Everyone

I am reposting this for u guys.  So here is my Review on the iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray Model. So as many know i have made this wonderful thread ( LOL) & i was number #11 for the 128GB Space Gray iPhone 6 Plus. I got mine shipped on Friday & got it Saturday afternoon after all the systems went up & live. Upon look at the box it looked huge. I did not open the box until later on in the store & noticed how big it is compared to my S5. Everyone in the store was looking at me & at the device. A girl right beside me asked to look at it as her & her mother got the iPhone 6. Its HUGE it thought in my head lol. Turned it on & started setting it up. Pretty easy so far until i had to redownload all the apps which took a bit of time but that is normal with any device. I also got the Bluetooth speaker which is a bonus & it sounds AMAZING!

The Design

Honestly the device is overall a beautiful & gorgeous device i have seen. The only issue i have is that the camera ring should have been inside not coming out like that but its nothing major to make me change my mind about the design. It looks like Apple to the design from the HTC One M7 / M8 & changed it up & made it into this. My only complaint is that the back is not good when you have water on ur hands or any oil or anything like that is its very slippery. It can fall & damage it that happens. Wish Apple would have put atleast grips on the anntena lines so that way it could have helped. Again this isn't a huge issue but many may find it as one. We have the bending issue that is going on. If you have the device in your front pocket or back pocket & bend or sit on it, it may bend & not go back. This is a issue that most are having i noticed & it bends right underneath the volume bottons. Hopefully Apple is aware of this & will have a exchange program for this & anyone who has this issue, can get a new one without questions asked. So be careful with that please. Mine has not had this done yet & i am hoping it does not but i do have Apple care.

The Screen

Honestly the screen is really vivid & beatiful. Its sharp & shows all the colors / black in the right spot. It has been voted as the best mobile screen thus far as well. The screen on my S5 is amazing but i must say the iPhone 6 + has a beautiful 1080p screen!.It honestly brings out the best viewing experiance out there!. You will love looking at pictures or videos on this device!

The Battery

The battery on the 6+ is 2950mAh. It can last you for well over 12hrs on heavy usage. Today it lasted me around 15 hrs on Standby & 13.7 hours on usage. So its not that bad at all. It outbeats my S5 so i will give it that. lol. Just charge the device properly & you will not have a issue. Let it die when u first get it & then fully charge it after. Something that many do not know is that the iPhone 6 & 6+ have fast charging enabled. The problem is that the wall adapter is not made for that so the device will charge slower. I have mine charging on USB via my power bar which has 2 USB ports to charge devices like that so mine charges within an hour that way unlike the wall adapter which takes 2.5 hours or 2 hours & gets hot.

IOS 8

IOS 8 is a improvemnet over the last IOS updates. I do like many features on is. I like how Apple enabled landscape for the 6+. This makes it really great for the device as its large. IOS is faster then before. I have noticed it open up apps qiucker & without any issues whats so ever. The phone turns on within a few seconds. So no more minutes waiting lol.

Call quality & Signal

The iPhone 6+ has great if not amazing call qauility on it. I can hear the other person clear & they can hear my clear as well. The Microphone is also clear & so far beats out the rest of the devices i have used lol. The speaker is not as loud as i hoped it would be. The HTC One M7 / M8 & Blackberry Z30 have still the best speakers on any mobile device out there. Hoepfully Apple does make the speaker a bit more better & put in Stereo speaker instead of Mono that is it. The problem the iPhone 6, LG G3 & the S5. All running on Rogers & in the same line all together. The S5 & G3 got full bars of signal & the iPhone 6+ got only 3 bars of signal. This has been a issue with the devices & Apple is fixing it with their next update & patch. So be aware of this. WiFi is having problems as well it seems. on the G3 & S5 it loads the pages faster then the 6+ does. It takes a few more milloseconds more to do it. This isn't a big issue but many will find this really annyoing. Hopefully all this gets fixed up on the next patch & update.

The Camera

The Camera is one of the most amazing things in this device. It takes clear pictures & Videos. It still does not beat my Z2 & S5 ( 22MP & 16MP cameras) but it does take clear pictures & it does what a its supposed to do. Take pictures & send them. The 6+ offers a OIS on it which i do find great!. It does come with a 2 tone LED's as well. The LED is really bright. Used it during the night in my room for a a few seconds lol. It can blind someone haha.

Cases.

Where do i begin with this. Barely any store sells cases for the 6+. They have plenty for the iPhone 6 but not for the 6+. So if you need one, go online & order one & pay for express shipping if possible unless you want to wait & have the phone naked until then.

Memory

Apple has 16,64 & 128GB models. I got the 128GB model. The 128GB comes with 114GB as the OS does take up alot of space but u still have 114GB left which is plenty for many. I still have 87GB left on my phone with 1,267 songs, 24 Movies, 12 Videos, 2,024 pictures & 53 apps. If i do run out of space, i still have almost 1TB on my Dropbox which i use to store documents & other things.

Hopefully this review helps everyone else out that wants a 6+!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Omro
Do not buy any kind of warranty from rogers if they do have one. Much better to deal with apple and purchase their warranty
I Plan to Stick Around

i'm really frustrated, Rogers does not have phones, bestbuy is out, apple is out.

Perhaps we need to reserve at the Facory? Anyone know the number to foxcon?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Shaown

I probably will

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Meowmix for the review

The last few days i have been walking around with my 6+ in my back jean pocket without issue. One thing for me is that i never ever sit on my phones whether they are in my front or back pocket. Anyway, all this to say, no issues on my end with any bending. In my head i keep telling myself to return it for a 6 but coming from a Samsung S4 it would trouble me going back to a smaller device. I almost never use my phone for calls and i communute daily by train so i keep pushing myself to keep the 6+. Personally i love it and i don't see any issues in the fall/winter months when we wear jackets daily. 

I Plan to Stick Around

curious if anyones iphone 6 started to bend yet ? been hearing stuff if theyre kept in jeans for a while

I Plan to Stick Around

The first thing out of my mouth when i held the 6+ was:

It feels plastic like, its too light, and it does not feel solid. Also, the white front makes it look ultra cheap plasticy.

The dark grey is the best colour phone, it has the black front and nice back colour.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

OTTAWA area for iPhone 6 

Apple Store  Bayshore Shopping Centre

Silver 16GB 64GB 128GB

Gold 16GB

Space Grey 16GB 64GB 128GB

I am waiting for one closer in the GTA. I reserved my iPhone 6 SG 64gb the release day in the morning when I woke up.

I was like 1600ish. Since the original release day I have been slowly dropping from 115 and now sit at 89, but I am sure that is due to cancellations. I also reserved one at Futureshop as they are actually getting stock daily (small #'s and mostly 16 gb 6's) They actually had some 16's I could have bought when I walked in, not sure what colours.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Oh6Plus

Good luck with getting that number..
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jasoncarvalho1

Nope not mine yet. It only seems to be some of them doing it.