Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Got my iphone 6+ gold 64Gb - Just canceled my res.from rogers. Got it at Masonville Place in London, ON
Im loving it!! I hope the best for you all!!!!

Keep checking iphonestock.ca and you will manage to get one quicker. I got lucky yesterday morning... I was thinking I would get in but I did. Just be patient my second try at it i got through.

Best of luck to you all!!!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The whole 15 day thing is meaningless. Rogers might as well just say we'll try and get it to you sometime. Maybe.

The most irritating part of this whole thing is that rogers can't even be bothered to send out an email to let us know what's up.

Is it really so difficult to say "Hey, we are having stock issues from Apple right now, we expect stock within ___ days." Or even "We aren't sure when stock is coming in, but we'll send it out to you ASAP."

I Plan to Stick Around

Protowtf wrote: Is it really so difficult to say "Hey, we are having stock issues from Apple right now, we expect stock within ___ days." Or even "We aren't sure when stock is coming in, but we'll send it out to you ASAP."

Yep, it's just basic common sense, customer service, not rocket science. I don't blame them for the delays or the inventory, but they dropped the ball on communicating with the customers for sure.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello az03id

The $50 credit was ONLY for the iPhone 5. They won't do it this year unless they just go ahead and do it. I haven't heard anything as of yet.

I did hear they are getting a small skid from Apple tho
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SlyM

I agree with u that. They did drop the ball on keeping customers informed.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I never knew about the iPhone $50 off that they apparently told me yesterday, but I just called again to confirm it, and a new representative just confirmed it with me again. I am not sure why it is not advertised, but that's two Rogers employees who have told me the same thing. Perhaps I could get a live chat transcript with one of the reps there also confirming it..

I Plan to Stick Around

I paied the $5 for the alert from iphonestock Smiley Happy hopefully Bayshore gets a 6+ 64GB lolSmiley Tongue does anyone know once you reserve, how long you have to pick it up? IE if i reserve it today?
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I finally had great pleasure in hitting the 'Cancel' button from my 6+ SG 103 position after picking up my phone from Apple last night.

Begine rant.....

This has to be one of the worst product launches of all time. Sure its fine to say "Blame Apple not Rogers" and to some extent I agree, but the complete lack of communication from them is just a total and utter embarrassment. For a large corporate company like this they really made themselves look incredibly smalltime. What's wrong with an email Rogers? "Sorry people but due to lack of stock we're unable to fill your order that you so loyally woke up early morning on that Friday to reserve"? Instead... nothing, in fact the complete opposite, it's down to you guys to mail them to find out the status. 

I'm very happy in the knowledge that I've bought my phone outright and can now merrily leave Rogers in 8 months time, Sod their $400 a month bills, 4 hours 'on hold' whilst you end up talking to someone who you can't understand (and can't understand you) 'customer service' calls. The fact they gave phones to walk-ins instead of people in their reservation system its inexcusable. 

Maybe, just maybe one day one of the large US companies will step in and brush all these tinpot Canadian companies to one side. Maybe Wind will get better coverage and their all in $50 a month will force the large telecoms to lower their prices, instead of sticking together to royally shaft their customers....

Rant over, I feel better now Smiley Happy
Good luck to all the people in the queue. Hopefully they will deliver your phones in the next few weeks, not in the net 6-8 as many people at Rogers have told me.

I Plan to Stick Around

I reserved my iPhone 6+ space grey 64 fb through the apple reservation page at midnight Yesterday and picked it up last night from Apple- they gave me a $205 credit/gift card for giving them my old, refurbished iPhone 5. They gave my mom the same amount for her old 5 too. Way better than Rogers offering $50! Why take $50 when you can get $205 from Rogers? Some people apparently even for $240 for their old 5s.

If you are buying the phone outright, device only, you can use that $205 towards the phone. If not, and you are upgrading your phone plan/contract through Apple with your carrier (which I did with ease), then you can put the money towards accessories or the extended warranty, but not the phone itself. So, I used my 205$ towards the leather phone case ($55-it feels great and makes the phone very easy to grip) and towards an extra year of warranty (which costs $100).

Since my mom was buying the device outright with no plan; she got to use the $205 towards the purchase of the phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

Edit: why take $50 from Rogers when you can get $200+ from Apple