Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Good job to those who used the Apple reservation system. If i would of known about it over the weekend i would have had my 6+ then. Once you get in store the Apple rep could easily change your plan and upgrade your phone without issue. Just bring ID. If you have an old iPhone they will swap swims with you. If you are coming from another phone manufacturer like Samsung then they will supply you with a new sim. 

BTW, no matter what you reserve online (contract or no contract) you can change your mind in store because all phones are unlocked until you make that decision. Like my line for 'on contract' was so long that i was really debating buying outright but everything ended up working out. The Rogers system was taking long to reach and i was like, here we go again but they came up pretty quickly. 

Keep your eyes peeled at 3PM EST which it seems that is the time the stores update their systems. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jimmy2x2x

Apple stores now update at 3PM EST. Guess Apple decided to do it at that time. Yup u are correct. All iPhones come unlocked until u make a decision on what u want to do. If u want a contract it becomes locked to Rogers at that point. Just bring a government photo ID and u should be all set
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know how the iphone trade in works through apple?

Can I only trade it in and get money off if im buying the phone outright? Or can I do it on contract too?

How much would a 16gb iphone 4s white locked 9/10 condition phone be?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was able to reserve an iPhone 6 Plus Gold 64GB at 12AM on the Apple reservation site to pick up later today. God Bless Apple Stores

It truly beats being position 1475 for the same phone and waiting until the next decade to recieve it Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Yup. Still open at pos #7 for a 6+ 64 silver. This is some bs. Going to my local best buy to get on their list.
I Plan to Stick Around

I managed to get a 16gb + last night but now I'm thinking I should have grabbed a 64gb... If I reserved one already, can I go on and reserve a second? I'd hate to cancel the 16 then not get a 64.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hmm how odd, seems like everything shipped out now except for the silver iPhone 6+, hope you guys get a shipment asap, that's ridiculous thay they don't even have a single 128 or 64 gb silver 6+ from rogers
I Plan to Stick Around

Much like several others, i was able to get a 6+ (64gb SG) through the apple reservation system...  after only moving from 18 to 14, with no end in sight (for a 6+ 16gb silver) 

Of course Rogers had to make even this process difficult...  my retention plan, which I got a couple months ago and spoke to 2 agents about to ensure was compatible with the 6+, was listed as an error...  apparently, even though it was the ONLY plan option for the guy to select, when he got to activation, it would kick us out saying the plan we selected 'doesn't exist'...  so after nearly 2 hours or trouble shooting with the phone support, i guess the Rogers agent told the apple employee (rather rudely) to just do it as a manual contract and they would force the activation on their end.....  I was told it could take about a half hour to activate, which, after the 2 hours I had invested was annoying, but whatever....  Sooo after getting home, feeding the kids and doing the bed time routine (about 4 hours later) the phone still was not activated....  so I logged on to the support chat, was advised that the wait was going to be 45mins....  so I tried calling, but same deal, long wait so I hung up and went back to the chat... so I sat... and waited... and finally, with about 15 mins left in my chat queue lenght, the phone miraculously switch over to having service....  just shy of 7 HOURS after walking into the apple store....

But hey... I got my phone...  

To anyone still in queue, do yourself a favour, try something else... Or find another carrier...  I know they all suck when you get down to it, but I would hope they aren’t quite as incompetent...  

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey meowmix
So if were trying to reserve one through apple should we be checking at 3pm or 12pm?
From what your saying they changed it to 3pm?
I Plan to Stick Around

alex, 

I checked periodically all day yesterday, and a bunch came avaliable shortly after 2...  I was able to secure one for pickup at 3..