Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Are the lines really that long? I had assumed the whole reason you pick a time slot was so there wouldn't be long lines....I don't get it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

i reserved my 64 Gb space grey iPhone 6 Plus at midnight. i was a little surprised to get it. gonna pick it up tomorrow. Yay!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello can anyone please tell me- if I am picking up my reservation tomorrow with a contract (rogers), does Apple have to activate my phone in store? Or can I just take it home pop the old SIM card in and it'll be activated?

Also- does the phone need to be picked up by the specific rogers account holder? (In addition to the apple user who reserved it)?

Thanks!
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I will post how long the lines are are square one tomorrow. Also I will cancel my preorder once I get my phone. As I don't want to cancel my 51 spot and not get my phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

ozonemm, there was really no line at the Conestoga Apple Store where I picked up my 6+ today. It was just like going in to speak to someone about some technical issue. Stores like Eaton, Yorkdale and Fairview are probably way crazier.
I Plan to Stick Around

To clarify- if I am picking up my phone through an apple reservation at the Apple store, but upgrading with a contract, does the phone have to be activated there in the Apple store?
I Plan to Stick Around

Amandacasey, in my case, the Apple rep popped in the old SIM card for me, and I took it home to set it up myself. You can probably do it yourself, but I believe they need to record in the carrier's system which SIM card is in your new phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh and yes, it needs to be the account holder. You're required to bring ID when you go pick up your reservation at the Apple Store, and they check it before they give you the phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

Kbffs- thank you very much for the information. Does it need to be the specific Rogers account holder though?
I Plan to Stick Around

Or just the person who reserved it with their Apple ID?