Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

@Summersca

You have it exactly right.  I've been with Rogers my whole life, just finished a 3 year contract with them, stuck with my old phone (iphone 4) to get the 6.  When preorders opened I was ready to re-up with Rogers for another 2 years.  Had my issues with them, and not happy about the new expensive plans but nothing I could do about it.

Do to this godforesaken joke of a reservation system, the complete lack of communication, and the awfulness of their website, I'm done.  I've missed my chance to reserve through the Apple Store for launch, but I'll take my chances checking their stock every day rather than give Rogers one more cent.  Going to cancel all my Rogers (2 phones) accounts and sign up with Telus for everything.

I know this rant will not change one thing, but my god I hope enough of us decide not to put up with this crap.  I don't expect Rogers to notice, nor do I want anything if they do.  Sometimes you have to stop pleading with your abuser for some relief and just cut all ties!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Gdkitty wrote:

The reservation doesnt mean that you will get one on release day.. it just means that one will be reserved for you.

With stock in the past.. sometimes a store only got 3 phones  or NONE for walk ins.
And it took a good MONTH before more stock came in.

As stock did start to come in, the REMAINING pre-orders were filled.

So pre-orering, if there is not enough stock, can get you a phone before people taking the risk on the availability of a walk in purchase.

But that's part of the problem with this system. Rogers decided that they had to send out stock to the stores, which defeated the purpose of a pre-order in the first place. When people who have pre-ordered are seeing folks walking out of the store with a phone, the get justifiably mad.

Throwing pre-orders a $50 cheapo bluetooth speaker doesn't make it better either.

And when, for certain versions of the device, NO preorders were filled... it leaves a very sour taste in the mouth of Rogers customers who tried to use the pre-order system. They screwed up, again, on a pre-release.

I Plan to Stick Around

The purpose of a pre order, is to get something before anyone else. We did get charged the moment we clicked the pre order button. I dont care if it will be returned later or not because we, the customers, accepted rogers taking money out of our pocket but they failed at fulfilling the contract with their pre order customers. I still dont have my phone yet.
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers botched the whole reservation thing from the moment it began by giving everyone the wrong time they would go up.

All in all a valuable lesson was learned for everyone. Mine was to never get anything from rogers ever again and leave the moment I don't have to be with them. I had problems leading up to this with my account and this is just icing. What can ya do. I said it before and I'll say it again, they're last in customer satisfaction and it's not for nothing.

problem after problem after problem for things no one else has problems doing. Hopefully everyone still waiting gets theirs soon and next time...we'll all know.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree on that point.. i think that NO walk ins should be filled till pre orders are done.

Not sure if this is just a ROGERS thing or a general thing, as i have heard the same from bell in the past (maybe apple says then need to do a small %?)

That certain versions of the device were not filled either... is not necessarily rogers fault either.
Rogers is limited by the stock that APPLE gives them.
WIth the ... 5s... rogers got pretty much NONE of the gold from apple.  ALOT of poeple wanted it, and were upset.
If its a stock issue, that none are available period for rogers to get, that is out of their control.
(and doesnt help, that rogers doesnt have their final numbers, on what they get.. till the day BEFORE at the earliest.. so not like they could say only the first X many will get right away)

I Plan to Stick Around

i wonder what the CEO IS DOING ABOUT ALL OF THIS?? he or she needs to start canning some people.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

That is correct on what you said. Apple controls the amount the carriers get and what they get . Rogers doesn't know until the devices ship to the wearhouse
I've Been Around

So.. I preordered on the Rogers Reservation system and stayed up for it on September 12th. I was number 52 on the reservation list for the iPhone 64GB GOLD.  

I received an email from Rogers on the 19th (release day) saying my phone was being shipped.. so I knew I wasn't getting it that day.  But the tracking number they gave me says my phone was shipped to Saskatoon, SK... when I live in Winnipeg, MB. 

I called my local store I chose to pick my phone up at, and they don't have my phone either.

I've talked to a few Rogers customer service reps and one said it was probably just a mistake on the UPS site, the other said he wasn't sure what was wrong but to just wait it out. And apparently no one knows whats wrong because they can't even see the reservation or where it was delivered to in Saskatoon.

Anyone else having this problem???

I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone's iphone 6+ 64gb gold shipped yet? Mines been in progress since Thursday night!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello aubreyaablyth

Nothing will happen to them unfortunately