Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Just picked up my 128GB SG 6+ from Apple and this phone is amazing. Perfect size for a phone I think without being too big!
I Plan to Stick Around

Just walked out of sq1 apple with the 128gb sg 6+ had to get it unlocked though and paid 1220$.. Still waiting for the other 6+ 342 on the business queue.. Phone looks pimp. Goodluck folks I had ran out of patience

I Plan to Stick Around

Picking up my 6+ in two hours! Just got to have dinner and get the kids to bed first Smiley Very Happy

Can't wait!
I'm Here A Lot

That's the worst part about this entire mess.

Rogers wanted folks to pre-order, and so we did. And yet you had a better chance to get a device by going to a Rogers store and get the model you wanted, or go through Apple or an alternate re-seller.

So why bother with the reservations? If you weren't planning to honour them prior to the last minute crush.

Look, I want to throw my money at you to get the latest gizmo and you're doing your best to **** me off. How does that make business sense?

If and when I get my device (through whatever means), I am going to pay for it outright, and not renew my contract. And then shop around and see who really wants my business... of course, given the stupidily high rates we pay for cell service in Canada, we all get gouged regardless.

By the way, I'm still #18 in the business queue for the 6+ 128GB Gold that I had reserved on back on the 12th. I've moved up... 2 spots. You can't tell me you didn't get at least 100 of those phones for your customers?

(Of course, being the cynic I am, I'm guessing a lot of those early shipments went to friends and family of Rogers employees... that happened the last couple of times around as well.)

I Plan to Stick Around

I REALLY NEED SOMEONE'S HELP!

My girlfriend and I just moved to Montreal from France. We've been here since August. Both of us have been waiting for the iphone 6 to get a contract with an operator. 

She reserved a gold iPhone 6 from the St Catherine Apple Store, everything went great,

However, when signing up for the contract, her debit card did not work (no security code behind), and she wasn't able to get the phone... 

When signing up for a contract, are credit cards MANDATORY? We currently don't have one...

I Plan to Stick Around

Just got my iphone 6+ 128gb sg from apple at sq1 couldn't wait for the business queue, Goodluck folks
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jdamant wrote:
Our store said they received 4 iphone 6's and no 6 plus on Friday. Which makes me mad. If I knew preorder didn't work I would have went to the store early instead.

The reservation doesnt mean that you will get one on release day.. it just means that one will be reserved for you.

With stock in the past.. sometimes a store only got 3 phones  or NONE for walk ins.
And it took a good MONTH before more stock came in.

As stock did start to come in, the REMAINING pre-orders were filled.

So pre-orering, if there is not enough stock, can get you a phone before people taking the risk on the availability of a walk in purchase.

I Plan to Stick Around

Incase anyone is wondering they don't do business upgrades so I had to buy it unlocked
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a reservation for the same phone #33 and still open as wellSmiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@AdrianG wrote:

I REALLY NEED SOMEONE'S HELP!

My girlfriend and I just moved to Montreal from France. We've been here since August. Both of us have been waiting for the iphone 6 to get a contract with an operator. 

She reserved a gold iPhone 6 from the St Catherine Apple Store, everything went great,

However, when signing up for the contract, her debit card did not work (no security code behind), and she wasn't able to get the phone... 

When signing up for a contract, are credit cards MANDATORY? We currently don't have one...

Unfortunately, yes... to get a phone on CONTRACT with the hardware subsidy (the discount), you need to have a credit card usually at min... for them to be able to do a CREDIT CHECK on you.  Pretty much just to see, that your not someone prone to having a BAD credit, for not paying bills, etc