Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

So here's my story...Business customer.

2 iPhone 6's reserved by calling in at 8am on Friday pre-order day (cause online system down all morning). I got # 1 and 2 in line for my models (Yes, in Canada). Was convinced I'd get both on launch day.

The status on both phones stayed the same and she didn't move as of 9am this morning. I called Rogers business and they had no idea if/when they would ship.

I then walked to my local Rogers Plus Store (Yonge/Lawrence) at about 9:45am. They had about 30 or so iPhone 6's available for walk ups. They had not received any of their reservations. I grabbed a 16GB Space Grey for my wife - called and cancelled her order. I missed out on the last 64GB Space Grey for me by about 2 minutes. Although they did have ones in other colours. So I decided to take my chances and wait.

Called Fairview Mall when I got home (10:15am) and they had some in stock. I raced up there and got their last 64GB Space Grey iPhone 6. Called and cancelled my order. I was home with both phones at 11:10am.

The moral of the story is I wasted so much time on the pre-order and with Rogers reps. It was all for nothing. I will never do a pre-order again. It was a huge failure. I was at the top of the list - it didn't mean much.

I am happy that i got the phones and I feel bad for those who haven't got theirs yet. Rogers needs to have better communication and a better system. Or just don't do pre-orders at all.
I Plan to Stick Around

Someone cancelled in front of me on the Plus Silver 128GB line, I am at #33 now!

Keep 'em coming guys, the Plus is bigger than you think it is--most will probably end up exchanging it for the 4.7 anyways.... Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

So just picked up my wifes 16gig slate. I am very impressed with how it went. only took me about 10 minutes at Rogers for everything including them setting it up. They said the computer for the rogers activation system was upgraded after last year.

Phone is very nice. I'm really impressed with the free speaker. It gives great sound.

Hopefully my 6plus will be in by monday.. Still shows in progress

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello PepsiTrolleyMan

Honestly i hope we get it tomorrow if not Monday then. I just want it so bad lol Smiley Tongue
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How long after you get the phone can you add apple care?

Did they say you have any time or after so many cell minutes to decide?

I was in a rush and declined everything.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Meowmix for all the answers. Greatly appreciated around here. I'm hoping that business orders start getting fulfilled next wekk.
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

MeowMix,

Any news from your friend whether or not UPS/FEDEX picked them up yet??
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Lounhbhbhbhbhnu

You have 60 days from the purchase date of the phone to add Apple care.

You have 30 minutes /15 days to return the phone back. If you go over the 30 minutes, you can NOT return the phone back but if it has a defect or a issue, they will allow it at the Apple store.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello matfigs

He did say UPS picked up devices but could not tell which was they were.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DjRags

You are welcome!Smiley Happy