Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icandothatMatt
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

RKirk704
I'm Here A Lot

The regional rep for my area said they didn't get any iPhone 6+ at all in any memory size, even for the people with reservations.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RKirk704.

That is because the 6+ reservations that went into progress never shipped out yet. They should night or Monday
RKirk704
I'm Here A Lot

Thats good because I'm #6 for a 6+ 64GB Silver.....

Georgekhoshaba
I Plan to Stick Around

Hardly anyone got a 6+ i heard few future shops and best buys had 1 in stock, all carriers had none, and my cousin got the 6 from the Apple Store at Square One today and apparently the employees told him they only had like 5 of the 6+ in stock. Ridiculous.
DaveDemian
I Plan to Stick Around

So there seems to be some confusion on the issues on-going:

1.  Foxconn has had major issues producing the 6 plus.  So supplies are very short.  The higher your reservation number the more you will be impacted by this.  No one can tell you how much of a delay as this is unlike any other year with any other model.  Nor can they tell you how much Rogers will received in subsequent shipments.  Most likely after a week the people in this thread will have put together a better guess then Rogers has.

2.  Rogers shipments of what stock they had did not make it to stores before they opened.  As such some stores have stock of the reg 6 from the morning, most didn't by all reports.  If any stores had plus models it was not reported that I saw.  Rogers only committed to get the phones to us within 15 days of launch.   Nonetheless it would be nice if Rogers explained what happened as this was not the norm previous years and the competitors clearly did not have the same issues.

3.  The website is not functioning for all users.  Why some are locked out while others get in is unknown.  Volume is likely the root cause of the problem.  Rogers claims they'll have it fixed this weekend.  I'm not so sure as there are so many people still waiting for phones and it seems unlikely they are going to beef up their infrastructure now.

Hope this helps.

mattsatt
I Plan to Stick Around

When do you guys think an iPhone 6+, 64gb, gold will ship????

I am currently 125 in line.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Georgekhoashaba

Best Buy Mobile at Scarborough Town Center had the 6+ in Stock with all colors and GB and had a few of each with Rogers. I got told this at 2pm as i was at work so i couldn't go. My buddy got one from them as a upgrade with Rogers.

It seems some third party stores got the 6+ but limited stock and Rogers stores got none.
AdrianG
I Plan to Stick Around

"We have been churning out 140,000 iPhone 6 Plus and 400,000 iPhone 6 every day, the highest daily output ever, but the volume is still not enough to meet the preorders," a person familiar with the matter told the Journal. "For iPhone 6 Plus, we are still ramping up the production line. Another reason for the limited supply is the shortage of 5.5-inch displays."

source: http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-6-demand-challenges-apple-supplier-foxconn/

To be fair guys, Rogers truly isn't to blame concerning their atrocious stocks. Foxconn seems to be the number 1 problem as of tonight. Only 50% of the iPhone 6+ ends up being sold, the rest showing manufacturing issues. Apparently, the 5.5" screen is tough to work on (the rounded edges don't help).

My PERSONAL hypothesis/prediction (once again this is personal, I'm not throwing any facts!!!)

All those who have "open" status will have to wait for the upcoming batch from Apple. Problem is, judging by the current trend, Apple Stores are going to get top priority for the 6+, as many preorders are still supposed to ship between Oct 1-6 in the US (source: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1776647 ). I think it will take some time before operators get a descent amount of 6+: 4 million units sold in one day! Foxconn is working round the clock, 140 000 iPhone 6 Plus per day is an incredibly high number. Redistribution is the only issue. Add to that Roger's lack of communiccation and, well, here we are. 

We'll have to wait and see. Personally, I'm number 25 for a 128gB silver iPhone 6+. I don't think I'll be getting it before 2-3 weeks.

ONCE AGAIN: THESE ARE JUST PREDICTIONS

tcrosbie
I Plan to Stick Around

Regarding the servers locking some people out and not others... Rogers likely has a server cluster basically a bunch of servers that are mirrored for performance/ redundancy. Odds are that the code is locking people out on one server and not the other. You can't chose which server you end up on.