Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richymbl
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

oramgefreddie why take soo longs to speak to rentions just keep asking to transfer to that department
tcrosbie
I Plan to Stick Around

There is so much misinformation in this thread. iOS8 is not 8 5GB, it is 1.6GB The phone needs room to create a restore point and unpack the package which is why you temporarily need 5GB. If you update iOS8 from itunes it will not require all of that extra space.
orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

I asked the guy like 50 times. I always find it hard to get to retentions. I have never once been transferred there just by asking.
Shaown
I Plan to Stick Around

Good to know, thanks crosbie. I use icloud for backups so I was having this problem, decided just to wait for the phone to experience everything at once. But I appreciate the info

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

it is true... don't update iOS 8 Over the Air if you have a 16GB device. Plug it into itunes and save that space.
Shaown
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a 32gb 5S and still didn't have enough space

lopes66
I Plan to Stick Around

@ oramgefreddie

what plan did you get to keep and how did you manage that?

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

I still bet I don't get mu phone till Oct 1 or later...

iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Space Grey
6+ 64GB Space Grey
Position : 437

For everyone wondering what I did...

I was already on a shared plan with my wife's line... but with the iPhone upgrade they were going to increase by bill by $25 per month total (this new share everything prcing nonsense).

I told them that based on the price of the new phone the increase on my bill to account for the higher flextab (because the phone is more expensive) should only be an increase of $8. (My current FlexTab is $12 and the new one for 6+ would be $20, but I'd be paying out the existing flaxtab... so that should already be included in by bill)

Anyways after a LONG conversation and some time on hold with the Retention people, they said that they could honor my existing because it was one of the early share plans.

But don't think they let me keep some old $50 or $60 / month plan... Everyone that cheap will get screwed... if you have a $60/Month with lots of Data... buy the phone outright. Remember that if they are making you go from $60 - $90 (from what I heard) that is $720 over the 2 years... Or almost the outright purchase price... and you still have to pay Rogers $300 - $600 for the upgrade... So you save a few hundred dollars over 2 years AFTER RECOUPING the extra money to buy outright.

cc2014
I Plan to Stick Around

Does everyone else who has a status of in progress say (pre-fulfillment)?

kavinsky1986
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm still #767 for iPhone 6 64GB Gold. Guess I will be waiting for my phone for a while after launch 😞