Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa-67
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Aren't we all getting a little excited over no concrete info and putting too much faith into third and forth hand info? A few things to think about - preorders took down apple stores, rogers etc including three telecom companies in Australia when they opened at 3:00am. If these companies can't keep up with web traffic what makes you so sure ups etc can? Case in point - when the iPads originally launched the ups system was so swamped with traffic that the site updates were running several hours behind.

I'm 44 for 6+ 64 silver and I find it hard to believe that if there are 140,000 6+ coming out of a factory a day that the largest mobile company in canada isn't go to land less than 44 of those? I have reserved in the past and my phone arrived in kingston on launch day. Sure if you live in someplace like Timmins so far away from a major city then you might have to wait a couple of days for it to make its way up there. But since about 90% of Canadians live within 100km of the US border it won't be a problem for most customers.

Lastly there is no way that someone is standing at a terminal doing these phone orders one by one into the system They could have been packing for days and not done a bulk upload yet. In the past I went from OPEN to Delivered on launch day.

I'm as anxious as everyone else but when I really think about, I'm betting at least some of 6+ will be in our hands on Friday.

Or I could be wrong ...
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nasa25 

Glad to see ur iPhone 6  shipped out ll

JCT1212
I Plan to Stick Around

How can you find out when your local Rogers opens?
inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor

to whos store opens at 8 & they work at 9, depending what province ur in there will probably be a problem, with sitting with the rep at the pc waiting timeout after timeout cause rogers is still unable to get more & more powerful servers knowing theres going to be a large load of upgrades.

province matters cause east canada is ahead in time, they open first, they get on the network first, bc will have it worst. during the iphone 5 launch as i skipped the 5s, i didnt get out of the store for over an hour of constant trying, all rogers stores were at a crawl cause the upgrade system kept timing out, every single rep at rogers is tied on the phone so thats just as long, & im in manitoba, poor sask, alberta, yukon, bc stores werent even open yet..
aj85
I Plan to Stick Around

ugh yes I'm in BC. 

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

All I want for Christmas is my 6+ reservation to have a status of "In Progress" 😄
nasa25x
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

Lol no that'll happen on page 452 meow
AccordTR
I'm a Regular

I've just received word as well, no 6 or 6+ for walk in customers. I'll see if I can find more info
Lisa-67
I Plan to Stick Around

I got my 5s last year from a little Best Buy kiosk at the mall that opened two hours before the rest of the mall. Saw it a couple of days before launch day and stopped in. The manager could discuss how things were during previous years. This year is a lot different obviously but there are little places around everywhere that may have a few phones in.
wynterlu
I Plan to Stick Around

If that's the case there is 0 point in lining up at anywhere except apple.

Those lines will be soul crushing.