Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello vsnlweb

That is correct.  If you paid full price for the iPhone 6 via Rogers, they have to immediately unlock it for u for a fee of $50.

If you get the iPhone 6 on a contract then you must wait 90 days to unlock it via Rogers for $50

I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone know if business orders typically get fulfilled much later than non-corporate ones?  Noticed all the personal ones seem to be getting fulfilled but no movement on the business site as far as I can tell.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Here is some information for my Manitoba People.

Just got back from the Rogers store which my iPhone 6+ will be delivered to. (I'm currently 345 Open)

Wanted to talk to someone about my plan changing, here's what I got.

-I will have to switch to a Share Everything Plan

-It will be $50 (Unlimited Calling and Text in Canada)

-$5 for 2GB data

OR

-$10 for 5GB

-Visual Voice mail is an additional $5

Therefore my plan will be cheaper than what I have now. BONUS!

Also talked about trading in my iPhone 5. Lady said, "Yeah you might get $75-$100.  I then showed her the trade up offer I received which I did through the website on my device which was later emailed to me. It was a trade in offer of $175.00. She seemed quite surprised by that, however I had documentation which included the offer number I was assigned.

I asked if I could pay off my current flextab today, rather than having it on my next invoice. Answer was no. Flextabs are invoiced.

My plan is to sell my iPhone 5 after receiving my 6+. We talked about unlocking it. She said I would have to call the customer support number and they guide you through the unlocking process. The charge for this service is $50.00 which also gets added on to your next invoice if you decide to unlock it. I want to unlock it so that way when I sell it, the person who buys it can decide which carrier they want to use. If I sell it and don't unlock it, the purchase of my Iphone 5 MUST use Rogers.

My departing words were, "See you on Friday." She said, "There's a queue you know." I said, "Yeah, I know, see ya Friday....haha"

Anyway, have read about the outrageous plan prices from others and wanted to get this our for all my MB friends who were wondering.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks 

@Ragu

@manny

@bffs

and those who liked my little rant.  

oh and @aj85.... don't get so butthurt.  Its a forum.

I'm sure a lot of the people here will not be found again after they get their iPhone in their hands, me included, well acutally I think I come here to find out if Rogers cable/internet is down.  

I hope you people that reserved the 6+ get some kind of notice.  And if any of you guys do follow Apple via sites like Gizmodo or Macrumors you should know know already that they had issues fulfilling D-Day orders.  So don't be too surprised if you don't get any confirmation or status changes this week.  

I too was on the fence about getting the 6 over the 6+.  But after deliberation and my constant use of my ipadMini I didn't feel I needed such a hulking phone.  And from the review from Gizmodo it does seem too big.  I was never a fan of Galaxy sized phones.  Its like were taking steps backwards.  I remember wanting a Nokia 8210 because it was so small and compact.  Now people want phablets.  Not that its a bad thing but to me personally it isn't practical to have such a large phone.  Again, IMO.

I Plan to Stick Around

@ DjRags

Is this true for iPhone 6's as well, or just the 6+? Mine has said in progress (pre-fulfillment) since the moment I reserved, and my position in queue has only moved up a few notches throughout the days (due to people cancelling one at a time).

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DjRags

Nope lasts few years business was after. It seems to be the case with any device business customers reserve.
I Plan to Stick Around

@vsnlweb

It wouldn't be a panic, but it would be a disappointment. It's amazing to me how badly companies still underestimate consumers. It's not like this is Apple's first release, and it's the biggest update the iPhone has ever had....

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 501joe

The fact is Apple made more iPhone 6 devices then the 6 Plus. Even they said it a few times. It seems to me Apple wasn't aware so many people would buy it or had production issues. Even then don't release a device which barely anyone will get.
I Plan to Stick Around

Guys there is no way a company as large as rogers would receive 0 6+ units. In case you didn't realize, other carriers have already sent out the equivalent of the 6+ in progress. My guess is by tomorrow they will be in progress for certain.

Stop being so antsy.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm a math guy so let's play a game...estimate how many times uve refreshed ur Rogers browser to check status in the past 24 hours...and no exponents or complex calculus. That was a long time ago for me and would take much too much time to figure it out lol

AND GO!!!