Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello JCT1212

It covers the following

Apple hardware coverage

AppleCare+ provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians. Service coverage includes the following:

Your iPhone
Battery (1)
Included earphones and accessories
Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage, (2) each subject to a $79 service fee plus applicable tax

AppleCare+ for iPhone

Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone (1) and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $79 service fee plus applicable tax. (2)

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/S4728Z/A/applecare-plus-for-iphone
JCT1212
I Plan to Stick Around

So if you only break the phone once it is $180. Isn't it only $200 for Apple to give you a new phone if you broke yours? Is AppleCare+ worth it if you don't break your phone?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JCT1212

No. If you break your device once with Apple care you only pay $79 + tax & get another one. Nope seeing as the iPhone 6 is more expensive they are most likely going to raise the prices. Do remember that Apple care gives you another 1 year warranty VS if you do not take this, you do not get that & only have 1 year limited warranty.

Honestly it is worth getting Apple care no matter if you do not break your device or not. What happens if by accident you break it or something happens? You will need to pay more then $79 to get another one or fix the damage.

JCT1212
I Plan to Stick Around

I meant $99 for the AppleCare plus the $79= $180 total, but that only applies if the only part of the AppleCare you use is the device replacement.
JCT1212
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix, thank you for your help!!
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JCT1212

Ahh okay. Then yes it is still worth it to be honest as i said above!. Its your choice tho.

You are welcome! 🙂
kira117
I Plan to Stick Around

Do you think the top 500 have a high chance of getting the phone on Friday? Including Fido customers? (Have a friend on fido network asking, they're 496 on fido)

iPhone 6 64 GB
488 in line
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kira117

I am sure they and u will be getting it Friday. It's been said the reservations will be getting most of the stock so i am sure most will get them!
kira117
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for the quick reply 😄
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kira117

You are welcome 🙂 🙂