Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello torontogamblers

From my experience with the S5 ( Pre case & SureTap Mastercard $25)

Those came with the phone in the box Rogers shipped it with. NOW it could be that the store will have separate stock for only the reservation with those Bluetooth speakers. We should be able to get them once we pick up the device. If the store does not have any, have them contact another store & see if they have any.
markiskander
I Plan to Stick Around

@meowmix

Not to sound overly pessimistic, but several people said that even though they were in the top 100/top 50 last year and the year before, they didn't get their devices on launch day. Why do you think it'll be different this year?
MI
markiskander
I Plan to Stick Around

Also sorry for potential double post but do you think they'll let me just take the box home unopened? I hate how they just unbox it and quickly swipe through the initial setup. Like jeez, you and I both know that the imei and/or serial number is all you need and that's right on the outside of the box...
MI
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello markiskander

Rogers said yesterday via email to MobileSyrup & iPhoneCanada That most of their shipments from Apple will be going to the reservations thus making the reservations #1 prioraty. This was also communicated to me as well via Rogers. So am sure people in the top 50/100 will get it.

We’re experiencing very high demand for both iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. There may be some delays getting devices to customers so we encourage everyone to reserve their device through the Rogers or Fido Reservation Systems. A significant portion of our inventory will be delivered to customers who reserved their spot in line.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/rogers-iphone-6-orders-high-demand/

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello markiskander

Yes you just tell them NOT to open the box & they should be able to do so. Exact;y They can get the IMEI / Serial number from the outside to add on the account. All they are doing is opening the box, using it to make it work & see if there is any damage before u take it.

You can tell them not to open it & to open it your self later on. If they refuse, ask for a manager. They have NO reason to refuse it.

501joe
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Meow, I ordered mine through corporate (reservebusinessdevice.ca) and if I'm not mistaken, it gets delivered direct to me, not to a store.

What will I need to do to activate the device on the day I get it? Is it as simple as swapping the sim card out of my iPhone 5?

Thx!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 501joe

Yes it will be shipped to your home.

the sim card will already be activated for you. All you need to do is pop in the sim & you are set. If anything happens, contact Rogers business support & they will help you. Yes you can swap the sim cards over if u wish.
baylismike
I Plan to Stick Around

Think it'll be there on Friday?

iPhone 6
6+ 128GB Space Grey
Position: 40
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello baylismike

Yea you should be able to get it Friday. We both actually should be getting it lol

iPhone 6
6+ 128GB Space Grey
Position: 11
Kinghakushi
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm a rogers corporate customer and I have a pretty sweet deal through my employer, I reserved an iphone 6 plus, my question is; since I am a corporate customer will I be able to keep my plan (that I like) or will I be forced to switch to an inferior plan in order to get the iphone subsidy price?