Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Agree with response this is how I do it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Last year I was in the top 50 for a device and did not get it on launch day. Do not expect launch day phones from this reservation system.
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix - Wondering if you know the answer to this...

People pre-order these devices with this system, and Apple only sends so many... Does Rogers allocate the first devices they get to the pre-orders, or do they still make sure that each store gets some on launch day for people waiting in lines and so on?

If I recall from the past, I've been pretty low on the numbers (even this year, I'm number 235 for a 64GB 6+ Space Grey) and I've never received a phone on launch day, though friends that line up seem to get them.

Maybe they split their shipment in half or something? 1/2 for pre-orders, 1/2 for in-store walk-ins? 

I Plan to Stick Around

Articles on CNET state that the 6 Plus models have production issues and will be in limited supply for launch day. It further suggests that they could be on back order as far out as the USA Thanksgiving. Not sounding too good at this point.
I'm Here A Lot

My wife has reserved the iPhone 6 through the reservation system. She is now #115, hopefully she is able to get it launch day. 

My question is, we have a shared family plan, she is on the account BUT I am the account holder and it says only I am allowed to pick up when its available. I am not availabe that day, is there anyway she can pick up even though the device upgrade is on HER line and not mine?? 

I Plan to Stick Around

@3MileFinal

For what it's worth, Mobile Syrup posted a quote from Rogers:

We’re experiencing very high demand for both iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. There may be some delays getting devices to customers so we encourage everyone to reserve their device through the Rogers or Fido Reservation Systems. A significant portion of our inventory will be delivered to customers who reserved their spot in line.

There will always be left for store walk ins though but who knows what the allocation is like at any given year. All up to how much Apple produces.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix
I know a lot of people already have said this but I wanted to say a huge thanks for all your hard work replying to everyone every minute through this. I have read EVERY post and enjoyed it. Actually we look forward to each each year, last year it was my wives 5S where we were right here with you reading and getting updates and awesome answers from you.
It is winding down now and anyone ordering now will be weeks out. Since you and I are getting the same phone and just 6 off from each other Friday morning will be a lot of fun for us and many others and sad that I have to wait till next year for it again.
I Plan to Stick Around

I've also reserved a Galaxy Note 4, along with the Iphone 6 Plus. Wonder which will arrive first........

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello wpd and rsxmachine

Rogers noted To iPhone Canada and Mobilesyrup that most of their stock will be going towards the reservation system. So what i am guess is that let's say 50%-70% of the reservation most likely will get them
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 3milefinal

Rogers will send most of their stock to the reservations. The stores may not even get any stock or will only get a very small amount. This is because of the demand on the reservations.