Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello XanderLo

It all depends on the account but i doubt u will have a bad surprise. See what happens.

I have seen many will go via the Rogers reservation system but also pre order it via Apple. I will be going via the Rogers reservation system & getting the 128GB Black iPhone 6+
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I went through rogers.com website and logged in and all, but when I click the Rogers Reservation System link and I type in my same login and password but it says that my login information is incorrect. So I do have an account already and I am eligible for the phone also as i had changed my plan yesterday. I just want to ensure that I hadn't missed anything and will be able to pre-order in the morning.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello triplettsang

That is because its still down. It should go back up shortly. I had the same issues this morning & a few weeks ago. Don't Worry 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My ipad is showing 44 pages of posts so this may have already been asked. I have a shared promo plan (6gb) with the primary line at $100 and in iPhone 5s. The secondary is a 5 for $55. The Rogers chat person told me that if I upgrade my 5s I have to switch over to the new plans but not if I switch the secondary phone. I thought the plan had to be over $80? If she was correct can I take the 5 in for the upgrade and then go home and switch the sum cards? If not I will pay be tab off and cancel the service. I'm not going to pay an extra $45 a month.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Lisa-67

Yes there is 44 pages of this thread. Even if you cancel the service & go with another carrier, all carriers have the same policy in place sadly.

Yes u will need to change the plan on the second line in order to get the device on Friday at launch. Contact Rogers via Facebook.com/Rogers or call them & see what they can do!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Meowmix,

I remember you helping me out 2 years ago when I had questions about buying my iPhone 5. Good to see you are still helping others. 

I have almost decided to by an iPhone 6 unlocked from Apple so I can keep my old plan. I looked at the Rogers FaceBook site and found this quote:

Rogers Our Share Everything plans include great features like unlimited Canada-wide calling and messaging, voicemail and Call Display – features customers on older plans have to pay extra for. You can also purchase the device outright and activate it on a month-to-month basis on your current plan. - Michael T

Can you explain what Micheal means in the bolded text? I thought all I had to do was buy the new iPhone 6 unlocked and move my sim card from the iPhone 5 to the iPhone 6 and carry on with my current plan. Do I really have to activate it on a month-to-month basis?? What does that really mean?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

They told me I only need to change my plan on the line that I'm paying over $100 for.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RangerOne

Yes i do remember you!:).

That means you can buy a unlocked device & bring it to rogers & open a account & get a plan BUT it wont be under contract. Month to month means it has no contract committed to it but you have to pay the same amount each month unless u add something else ontop!.

You CAN buy the phone unlocked via Apple & just swap the sim cards & u will be fine! Do not worry what Micheal said, it does not apply to you or anyone that is doing what u are doing 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a 5s with 1 year left on the 2 year contract.  I also have the 6GB data plan which I don't wish to give up.  Will I have to pay the DSRF (device savings recovery fee) if I buy a 6 Plus outright from the Apple store? Or is this only if I am starting a new contract after closing the present one by paying the DSRF and then contracting out the 6 Plus?

As long as I still owe Rogers 12 more months of contract, do they care whether I sell my 5s with the 1 year still remaining as long as I continue with them using the new 6 Plus?  Seems to me they shouldn't be bothered by what I do with the 5s which is still under contract as long as I continue paying the balance of the contract until it's over and then I would be free to go anywhere.

Or am I confused??Smiley Embarassed

Also, should I sell the 5s without the sim card or wipe it and include it with the phone and start afresh?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Lisa-67

That makes no sense seeing as ur plan is over $80. Hmm maybe they are trying to get you to get a new plan. Contact them again & see what they say. Its worth a try,.