Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello Skyjumper

If you get a low number then yes it should be at the store at launch unless something happens via UPS or Rogers & they can not send them out ( which has never happened & by that i mean error or any problems).

The box does come closed with your name & the telephone number you used on your account, I have seen this with my S4/S5/Note 3 & iPhone 5S last year. I took the box home my self lol.

I do get what you are saying tho. Actually incorrect. You can tell them to NOT open the box & unseal it & put the sim card in themselfs. You have the right to take it unopened. All the want to do is scan the IMEI / Serial number on the account. That can be found on the box on the back. Again i have done this with tones of devices & so have others. Many did not know that they can tell the reps to leave it sealed. The reps are just doing what they are trained / told to do & to open the box & fix it them selfs but u have the right to tell them no & u can do it your self.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi!

Quick question regarding plan restrictions.

Right now, my girlfriend and I both have a Share Everything plan in Quebec.

When Rogers says you need to pay at least $80 a month on your plan, does that mean my bill must be $160 for the two phones?

I really hope I can keep this current plan and upgrade our phones to an iPhone 6.

Thanks!

BTW you're doing an awesome job on this thread! Thank you for your help!

-Marc

I Plan to Stick Around

When I got my wife's 5S last year the store rep told me that it HAD to be set up in the store.. I told him I was in a hurry and had to go and he told me that I would have to give up the device and try again later when I had time to set it up in the store... So I sat through watching him put his greasy prints all over it.. I was vibrating.  I really shouldn't take it so seriously, but when I get these shiny new toys it's kind of like Christmas all over.  I don't gt Christmas anymore really.. my kids do. Smiley Happy

I'm going to insist this time...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello malorrain

In Quebec this pricing rule is NOT in affect. So anyone in Manitoba or QB does not need to worry or change plans unless they tell you too..

Thank you!Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats good info ....

I want to be able to unbox it myself at my own speed at home

I Plan to Stick Around

Thats what I pay in Ontario and I was told by online chat that my plan was OK for an upgrade.. I pay roughly $130 total for the two phones..

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

Hi everyone, 

Nice to see meowmix at it again, this is always my favorite time of year, almost better than christmas. We did have a big snow storm in Calgary for the past two days so it does feel a bit like Chistmas.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Skyjumper

They are NOT allowed to tell you that. If this rep does, ask to speak to the store manager. They should be able to give you the device unboxed if you wish.

Believe me i have heard stories where reps have dropped the phones, cracked them & put their grease fingerprints all over the device. Charlo18888 on here said the same thing.

So just tell them to leave it as is & just to activate the sim card & leave it alone. All they need is the IMEI number & Serial number to add on the account. They can do that via the back of the device.

Also the other reason they open it is to make sure there is no damage on it when u first get it. This way if u want to return it, you can as they seen it. If u take it home & it has damage, they can claim u did it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Luc112

Nice to see u again as well. haha oh nice! yeah i seen its been snowing like crazy their!. Its a early Christmas for u guys!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RyanKelly

Read my post above. You are able to tell them NOT to open it & u can do it your self. If they refuse too, just ask for a manager as they are not supposed to refuse as you are buying the device or upgrading.