Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello nelw

Yes if you buy the phone straight from Apple outright, it will be factory unlocked & you will NOT have to change your plan. The plan will stay the same as it always was. There won't be any transfers as you are paying full price for the device!

Seeing as both devices use Nano Sim Cards, all you need to do is pop in the sim card into the iPhone 6 / 6+ & you should be good from there. The phone will show service & work as it worked on the iPhone 5.

If you want to back up anything, use iTunes & back up the iPhone 5. Once you head home, plug in the new phone into your computer & it will show it on iTunes. It will tell you to either restore it from previous back ups or start new!.

Yes if you decide to leave Rogers later on, you just need to pay the remaining flextab you have & a $12.50 disconnection fee, lst months bill & u can go anywhere u like
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@ meowmix

Thanks!  Yeah there is no value in the Share Everything plan for me.  It works out to ~$130-140 a month for the SAME plan.  They advertise unlimited voice and text but i put much more value in the data and dollar.  I'd rather keep my same plan.  Thanks again meowmix

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nelw

That is good!. You are welcome! 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I need to say again there new plans are bad!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jeremy1234

Hopefully when they do change them around, they can add more data on the plans that really need them or lower the prices. All this happened after the 2 year contracts came out & the 3 year ones stopped. Mind you Rogers has similar or the same plans as the other 2 carriers.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So, for the 4S I had a very low number.. If I can recall from 2 yrs ago you could actually see if the device had shipped.  I am positive that mine should have been in the store on launch day but when I called them at open they told me that they had sold out of stock to those waiting in line.  I called a hundred places the next day and found one in an adjacent town and went and picked it up.  For fun, I didn't cancel my reservation. I got a call oh about a week and a half later.

My point is.. What is to stop the store that receives your pre-order from just simply handing it out to another customer who didn't actually have to go to a job that day

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

I'm guessing it will be $260 for Rogers rather than $230 sigh
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Skyjumper

You can still see if the device has been shipped out as you receive a email with the tracking number & UPS will track it up until someone signs it & drops it off. Once you see its been delivered you can contact the store asking for the person to sign it & see if they have it. Its better to wait for them to call u but u can do that too.

The reservation system isn't made for you to get it at launch. Its made for you to have a phone in your name if all the stores are sold out. Some stores will not be sold out but this way u do not have to call hundreds of stores to find one.

I agree it does not stop the store from doing it BUT its been caught many times that reps are doing this & stores are calming down via doing that as they know customers get a email with the tracking number & can see the name of the rep that signed it.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

Lol
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I realize that it doesn't guarantee you a phone at launch, but if you get up early and somehow manage to wrangle a low number it SHOULD. I am a huge iPhone fan and greatly look forward to having one at launch, but I can't take a day off work for it. I think the phone should come in a box with your name on it and they shouldn't even be allowed to open the shipping box. For some reason it really grinds my gears that they absolutely HAVE to unbox the phone and put the SIM card in for you. I pay $900 for a product (which you are even with an upgrade, just financed) I want to be the one pulling off the wrapper and unboxing it. Maybe it's just me, but I guess I'll grit my teeth and deal with it.