Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello HeavyD1981

Honestly if u have the money to buy it outright, i would suggest you do that. This way u fully own the device and next year u can get the 6S without paying so much and the resell value for this one will still be high.

My second option is just get it and pay the upgrade fee and device price.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So does the device reservation for iPhone 6 start from midnight tonight or could it be from any point on the 12th? Thanks.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Harvey1881

It does not start at 12am tonight. I should start around 6:30am as it started last year & the other years before it. Midnight is only Apple.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is it midnight EST? Or 3am EST?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello James234134

It would be 6:30am EST. Rogers follows EST. Apple will be doing it at 12am EST as well.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well looks like I won't be getting the new iphone. Was initially told my plan was fine, now today I'm told I must go to $110. What a rip. Was real polite and don't loose my cool on the phone with rogers. Oh well. Have fun with your new phone guys..... But I'm not willing to spend 110+ per month. 😞

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jeremy1234

Ahh man that sucks:(. Keep trying to see if what u got told yesterday will be said again. Remember always have them write it on a note on your account & ask for the ID interaction number.

Sorry man 😞
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix

Are you sure Apple is 12am EST? Everything else says it will be 12am PST or 3am EST.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello young_wheezy

Yes that is correct.  Last year it was a 3am EST. My mistake there & i apolize on my behalf.  . With the 4S & 5 it was at 12am EST time.

So yes folks, Apple will start pre orders at 3am EST.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi meowmix!

Thanks for all your dedication.

So im sure you've answered this many times already so sorry.

I currently have 1 year left of my 3 years with Rogers on my iPhone 5.

If I buy the Unlocked iPhone 6 from Apple, I can keep my current plan and avoid being forced to the Share Everything plan correct?

How does the transfer from a locked iPhone 5 to an unlocked iPhone 6 work?  I pay off the FlexTab and just plug in the nano sim into the new iPhone 6 and continue like normal?

That means in the future if I want to leave Rogers, i can do so anytime and to any other carrier?

Thanks!!!