Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello analogboy

The sim card in your 4s will stop working and the 4S won't be able to make any calls, texts or have any signal as ur 6 will have that in the new sim. U will be able to restore it and sell it if u wish.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Totally off topic, but I can't help but wonder why someone would answer strangers questions if they aren't a Rogers employee? Don't get me wrong, I think it's fantastic and thank you for it, but I'm still curious as to why. True altruism is a rare thing to find.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

Yeah it makes sense since the economic inducement last year was pre-tax, so it's only fair that the current balance is pre-tax as well

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello analogboy

I have been doing this for the past 4 year. I have people asking me they same question. I do i because i like and love to help users just like your self to get the correct answers and be there when needed. I do this on my own free time and get nothing out of it. Actually i lied i get happy knowing i am helping other than have questions.

It is rare to find someone like my self doing this for the past 4 years not only for the iPhone, i do it with most devices that are about to launch. I love to help out and give answers when needed. I get nothing out of it but a smile knowing i am able to help u guys out!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That's amazing...and oddly inspiring. Keep up the good work, and thanks for answering our questions.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

what you guys do in my shoes?

i have the 5s which has some great resale value.

that being said, would like to know your opinion.

option 1

wait until the 6s?

my early upgrade fee will be half of what it is now, but 5s value will be less in resale value as well.

option 2

buy phone out right?

option 3

pay my flextab and hardware upgrade which will be a total cost off approx $600?

good thing my plan still remains the same.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

analogboy (and meowmix),

my son writes for a couple of US watch web authorities ("wound for life" for example).  He is not employed by the mfg nor does he own some of the watches he reviews as some are mega-dollars (+200,000$).  That being said, he knows more about the particular watch pieces than the MFG owned store employees selling selling them. To my son (and like meowmix) it' a love and to the employee, its just a job. You learn more through love than necessity.

good advice is good advice and meowmix.....has good advise!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meow, hoping you can help me. I called rogers today and they told me I need to change my plan to get the iphone 6. I called them just yesterday to confirm and they said my plan is fine for upgrading to the iphone 6. All they can offer me is a 4gb plan for $110! Why the different story today and who do I talk to? I have been a customer for 10+ years and this is how I get treated?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jeremy1234

When you call in and tell you something, ALWAYS get them to write it on a note on your account and ask for the interaction ID number for that note. This way this can't happen. Call back and explain to them what happened last night and see what happens
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello graystone14

Awww very nice!! 

Exactly.. This is what i love to do. I love to help others and give them good advice and information on what they are asking. I don't get paid or get anything for doing al this. I do this for free and on my own time. Doing this for several years and couldn't be more happier to help each and everyone of you out! :). Hopefully this time next year i will do it again and everyone can come back if happy! 🙂