Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello marfloors 

That is something you need to ask then when you talk to them.  I don't think it can happen but it may be a possibility.  The system may or may not allow it.  

I Plan to Stick Around

It's a huge shame re: the plans. This is a huge shame as 4GB (so 2 less!) will be 60 bucks! 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello aj85 

I agree but it seems to be with all carriers doing this. I think they want everyone to get on the new plans and replace all the old ones  

I Plan to Stick Around

Can't people just get add ons to top it up to $80 instead of giving up the $30 for 6gb?   Thats the one and only good thing about corporate, we get the 6gb for $30 anytime we want.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't see why you couldn't add $5 worth of addons. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Has Rogers been good with filling online pre-orders on release day over the past couple of years?

For the iPhone 4S launch 3 years ago, Rogers took forever to get online orders to the store for pick-up.  My online pre-order, which was placed within 2 minutes of pre-orders opening, didn't arrive until a week after launch.  People who pre-ordered at the store, hours after online pre-orders started, got their phones on launch day.

I'm just trying to decide if it even makes sense to put in an order online tomorrow.

I'm a Senior Enthusiast

It has to be $80 before add ons. They basically want everyone on in market iPhone plans and off of old retentions plans and the $30 6gb data add on.

If you want to keep your old plans, buy the new iPhone outright every year. If you want Rogers to subsidize it, you'll definitely be paying for it
I Plan to Stick Around

one thing to note for corp plan people. If the minimum is now 55 on corp plan. If I am not mistaken hasn't the 6gb now gone to $35 for those not on a contract. Therefore if you upgrade phone your 6gb plan should go to $35 a month and then depending on your voice option you should be able to get to 55 without changes. 

I'm Here A Lot

Hi everyone,

So I currently have an iphone 4. If I am not mistaken, the sim card for my 4 is different than the 5 and 6.

I am thinking about buying the phone outright to avoid changing my current plan. But I will need a new sim card. If I need a new sim card, does that mean Rogers will force me to change my plan?

Because if I have to change my plan due to new sim, then I may as well just have Rogers subsidize the phone.

Thanks guys!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

No just go into a Rogers store and pay them $10 for a new nano sim