Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

You will definitely have to upgrade to a share everything plan. I just spent an hour on the phone with Rogers and they won't budge. Its a shame they rope long standing customers in to much higher plans in order to get a new device to continue to use their service for the next 2 years plus a phone cost of $300+ at point of sale, plus whatever you owe on your flextab.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello got2bkd

It does sucks but i guess now this is what's supposed to happen to get a new device unfortunately. 😞
I Plan to Stick Around

I think for business customers the rules are not the same regarding plan minimums. It might depend on what corp plan you have since there are many. For example last year I upgraded my iphone 5 to 5s at 12 months for subsidized price + 60 since I am fully subsidized at 18 months.

This year I plan on doing the same thing. One important note is that my company plan options have many plans under 80. The cheapest you could order right now is 55 with 2gb data, Therefore I don't see how corp customers are involved with this $80 minimum. It might completely depend on your plan. My plan is a specific company plan, not one of those government workers plans.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rsxmachine

That could be true. It could be that business and corporate plans do not count on this rule as i have seen many business and corporate plans lower then $80.
I Plan to Stick Around

Forcing people to a share everything plan is unreal.
When I upgraded last year from the 4s to 5s I too didn't have to change my plan. I was allowed to keep my $50 a month corp plan which includes essentially everything and 6gb

All I had to pay was the $10 a month ($60) plus phone.

I emailed them yesterday, but still no response.
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

MeowMix,

Forgot to ask you something yesterday! I don't remember from previous years, but what time will the Rogers Pre-order begin at?? I know Apple is 3AM EST
I'm a Regular

Heavy,

It should be expected. Phones cost more and the government mandatory 2 year contracts means Rogers has less time to recoup thier discount on phone. They will pass those increased prices on to the consumer. Sucks but that's life.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello HeavyD1981

I agree it is hopefully u get a response soon! 

I Plan to Stick Around

HeavyD

you need to call them, you can't email them. Also you need to talk to multiple reps and average out the answers to figure out what is true.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello matfigs 

It should be around 6:30am - 7am EST so 3am PT