Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

I currently pay $130 a month (before taxes) for 2 lines that share 4GB data. Rogers says to get the iphone 6 i need to go on a share everything plan and the same 4GB plan is an extra $25 a month.

That extra $25 per month plus tax over 2 years is almost $700 more for the exact same service. Any suggestions from anyone on what to do without having to buy the phone out right?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello serge_bmw

You can if you likeSmiley Happy. I am just saying if you do NOT have one, u need one.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello aa4543534

Unfortunately the only way to do something is to contact Rogers via calling them, Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps & see what they can offer you. You may need to pay the extra to get the device.
I've Been Around

Hi,

I was just checking to see my eligibility to upgrade my phone to a newer model and noticed that I am now qualify to reserve a new device.  So I clicked on the "Reserve Device" button and in the next screen I am prompt to select a phone.  However, only the iPhone 5c 16GB is selectable and I can't see any other phone in the drop down list.  I am 2 options to choose from "Cancel" or "Continue".  Selecting "Cancel" returns me to the same screen with iPhone 5c pre-selected.  I don't want to select "Continue" as that is not the phone I wanted.

Is anyone else having the same issue?  Or is the iPhone 5c the only phone I can upgrade to?

Thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello parapara_vince

At the moment the only phone is the 5C. The iPhone 6 & 6 Plus will be added on Friday morning for customers to reserve. Other devices can be bought via the Rogers store or call center when calling in. The reservation system is made for devices that are coming out for customers to reserve a device so if the stores get sold out, you have one this way,

You can upgrade to any phone you want. You can go into your local Rogers store & pick a device they have in stock & get one !

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I just have a few questions:

Say I reserve the iPhone 6 online, I do not have to wait in a long line at the (rogers) store, correct? So if I reserve it this Friday, I can go on the 19th and pick it up with no hassle?

Do you have to pay extra for pre-ordering? Say in a month or so, will it be the same price?

Sorry if these are obvious questions but this if my first time getting an iPhone on pre-release.

Thanks!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AppleForever

It does not work like that. It all depends on the# you are when you reserve the device. If lets say you are #1,000 for the gold one you most likely won't get it unless Apple ships them #1,000 gold ones for the GB you order. Last year the all gold devices had a hard time being shipped out as Rogers barely got any from Apple.

If lets say you are #8 like i was last year, i got it at Launch. If you lets say have a #1,700 number or higher, you may not get it due to the stock Rogers gets. Remember this depends on the model & color you pick.

Apple iPhone prices are made by Apple. Apple tells the carriers what prices to set the device at. The carriers can NOT change the prices a month later even if they wanted to without Apple approving it.

I would honestly say reserve the device & see what # you are. That number is Canada wide. So lets say you are #48 for the Space Gray 64GB iPhone 6 Plus, that is Canada wide. If you want & have time to wait outside the store, i would do that too just incase yours does not ship out. Shipments will happen around next Tuesday to Wednesday so the store will get them Thursday of Friday. Sometimes the Devices will ship Thursday night & the store will get them Friday. Remember once the lower ones lose the number & go IN PROGRESS, your number will change & you will get a lower new number or might go IN PROGRESS as well. All this depends on what # you get once you reserve.

Never be sorry!. You can always ask questions on here!Smiley Happy.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey I know this was already discussed but I want to clarify. So does Rogers open up reservations at 6-7am eastern? I only ask because I'm positive Telus usually does midnight pacific which is 3am eastern.

So Rogers does 7am eastern 4am pacific? around there?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that is not yet fully paid for, but I am sick of Android and want to go back to an iPhone.

If I buy an unlocked iPhone 6 or 6Plus at the Apple Store, will I be able to connect it to the Rogers network and have access to all of the iPhone features?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello doodads

It shall open around 6:30-7am EST. I do not think Telus did it midnight last year. I could be wrong. Rogers always does it in the morning, never midnight.

Yea it should be around4am Pacific.