Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trahckol
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

I just called and talked to Retentions and they will not budge!

I was on a 6 gig supper plan and I had to update my plan to a new version in order to get the Iphone 6+ at the 2 year contract price.  In the long run it made sense as I was spending $40+ anyways on long distance.

I am now on a 6gig Unlimited talk Unlimited long distance through Canada for $110

. I hated to lose that 6gig super plan but it was pretty old.  I could of kept it and bought an unlocked phone from Apple but the phone would of been $960 anyways and over the course of the 2 year new contract its about that price.. So I am essentially paying for that same phone extended over 2 years instead of right off the bat.  Keeping my 6gig super plan.

It all just made sense to switch and not have to worry each month how much over my long distance would be.

Others list their new or old plans. So we can compare...I am sure if I complained more with Retentions I might of saved a bit more lol.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Trahckol

Lol that's not bad. It seems that Rogers and all carriers want everyone out of the old plan and into the new ones no matter what.

At least u still get the 6GB!

qbvbsite
I'm Here A Lot

Yep, province dependant... Being in Ontario its $80, but who wants to pay that much for a cell phone. Also that's the only exemption you will get, and maybe in 2 years (when your contract is up) you will be required to pay $100+ a month with a HUP, its quite ridiculous.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello qbvbsite

Yeah that is true. I would buy it outright but it's way to expensive for the 128GB iPhone 6 Plus or even the 64GB model.
qbvbsite
I'm Here A Lot

Over the 2 year contract you may pay the same about... but over the years to come your going to continue to pay that extra money. Its a little better if you upgrading every 2 years but if that was the case you could just sell your old phone on ebay and subidize a new phone yourself.

qbvbsite
I'm Here A Lot

It would be better to save the money and get it later... then when you upgrade to the new model (6S or 7) just sell your old phone (old iPhones sell very well) and buy a new one. It will save you alot of money down the road (probably thousands).

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello qbvbsite

That is what i usually do. I upgrade and then once a new one comes out, i sell it and offset the prices as much as i can. The way i only pay a little bit.
hendersonsarah
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats correct, I too like the person above had to give up my 6GIG super data plan but its okay because the new plans are not bad, i got a good deal and  Iw as happy to switch into the new sharing plans, end of day my plan, I saving close to $60 per month on 2 phone lines.

I just want to be ready to upgrade, cause if you dont the day comes you will have issues getting the phoneand I dont want to be stuck in the line and end up accepting a crappy plan caue only retentions give you good plans.

Every year this happens where rogers system shuts down due to volume so this issue happening on launch day would be bad for upgrades!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hendersonsarah

That is good. As long as you are happy with what they offered you that is all that matters!.

I agree its just to get ready just incase anything happens at the store & then more headaches happen lol.

The system will indeed shut down or be very slow during launch this is why i tell everyone i know that wants one to wait inline pretty early on Thursday or Friday midnight to get one. I have always been the first person to be waiting at my local Rogers store as i wait from 8-9pm Thursday night.
qbvbsite
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix, I kinda of wished I did that earlier as I currently have a 3GS that is worthless lol.