Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Badabing
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Ok and since I'm in Quebec, I can keep my current $60 plan even if it's not offered anymore or do I have to switch to a new plan that isn't $80+ ?

For once, it's cool to live in Quebec 🙂

AccordTR
I'm a Regular

^ it is $60 in Quebec and Manitoba. I live in mb and can keep my plan as it's over $60
anthy21
I've Been Around

AccordTR : "I live in mb and can keep my plan as it's over $60"

So if my plan costs 60$, I have to change plans to a more expensive one? Or do you mean to say, if your plan is AT LEAST 60$ then you don't have to switch plans? (I live in Quebec, FYI.)

Also, does anyone know how much the 6 will cost? In the US, it seems to be going for 199$ with a 2-year contract. Can we expect the same prices? Or can we expect prices at least 100$ more than offered by US carriers for the privilege of living north of the border?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello anthy21

Unfortunately the price hasn't been released yet for Canada.  Only the outright price has.  It should come out shortly. The iPhone 6 Plus will be 100$ more then the iPhone 6.  Apple has already said this as the iPhone 6 has a better screen and a few other things and it's bigger. The price should be similar to last year i hope. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

wasnt it around.. $229 CDN?

qbvbsite
I'm Here A Lot

Just chatted with Roger via Facebook (which they were awesome in responding super fast and actually answer my questions) because Live chat couldn't answer my questions. As some have stated there is no way to keep a retention plan and get subidised for the phone. So for anyone that has something similar you will have to buy the phone out right (and i recommend you do) to get the iPhone 6 (or 6 Plus). Paying and extra $30 a month forever will cost you a lot more then buying the phone out right ($30 * 3 years = 1080 as an example). Also iPhone's have great resale value so you can upgrade when ever with out getting gouged.

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around

With corporate, it use to be that you can upgrade at the 2 year mark for free and if you want it earlier, you pay $10 a mth for each early mth from the 1 year mark so if you upgrade after 1 year, its $120, which isnt bad.. now its on the stupid tab as well, divided over 3 years instead of 2 since corporate is on 3 year plans still

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello qbvbsite

While that is true, some people with retention plans the come to $60-$80 a month should be fine. Anyways thanks for that information!
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello charlo1108

I don't know why they haven't changed it to 2 year terms dor u guys. It should be pretty simple
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

It was but some stores gave it at $179 instead of $229.