Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

The iPhone 6 & 6 Plus will have the following:

• - There’s the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 as well as a larger 5.5-inch model.
  • - The iPhone 6 Plus is 1080p while the smaller iPhone 6 is 750p. These are the thinnest iPhones yet, measuring just 6.9mm and 7.1 mm thick.
  • - Both devices are based on Apple’s new A8 chip, which is a 64-bit chip with 2 billion transistors based on the 20nm process
  • - The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will also have VOLTE, which is voice over LTE as well as WiFi 802.11ac, which supports WiFi calling. Apple is partnering with T-Mobile in the USA and EE in the UK for this functionality.
  • - Both the iPhone 6 & 6 Plus have a 8MP isight camera which shoots at 1080P . For video, there’s continuous autofocus while capturing video, cinematic video stabilization, capture at 1080p at 30 or 60 frames per second, and support for slow motion capture at 120 or 240 fps.
  • - The iPhone 6 Plus is rated for 80 hours of audio while the iPhone 6 is rated for 50 hours. This is compared to just 40 hours on the iPhone 5S.
  • Apple has unveiled a new payment service called Apple Pay, an NFC-based solution for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus that stores secure credit card credentials in a secure element on the phone.
  • Prices normally for the states are Pricing for the iPhone 6 is $199 US for the 16 GB model, while the 64 GB model is $299. There’s a new 128 GB model, too and that will go for $399. The iPhone 6 Plus starts at $299. Pre-orders start on September 12 and the phones will go on sale on September 19.
  • There is no 32GB option anymore. They took it out to add the 128GB which i might get lol.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Few other things to add on to Meowmixes list of features i pulled from the keynote.

- Slightly Thinner.. 6.9mm for the 6 and 7.1mm for the 6plus, vs 7.9 on the 5s

- The 6plus supports LANDSCAPE view of the homescreen and apps, much like the iPad does (but with a vertical quicklaunch... i wonder if this is an iOS8 thing the ipads will get too?)

- Co-processor (M8) better detects motion, accelerometer, gyroscope. Also has a barometer

- Supports NFC stuff... starting in the US then will work on elsewhere.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Yup very much so. I want to see if Rogers will support SureTap on this. I am giving my S5 away to get the iPhone 6 Plus so hopefully my SureTap account does not go to waste as i do have $34 on the Rogers PrePaid Mastercard via SureTap.

That is correct. The 6 Plus will support landscape mode. This is one of the many new things that i have not seen on Android yet. To get landscape on Android u need to download a launcher yet with the 6 Plus you do not have too. Well my iPad Mini goes into landscape mode when i turn it. So i think they do have them just not on some iPads.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I still got a year and a half on my contract... so likely the 7 will be out by then 😛
UNLESS my company descides to pay it out for a new one.

NORMALLY i have been against some of the larger sized phones (phablets?)... often because i would want it in landscape alot (thats where my ipad is most of the time)... and the no horizontal on the phones its what killed it for me.

This MIGHT change that. 
Will love to go out and just see one in person once its released.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

I still have a hefty upgrade fee ( Flextab) left but seeing as this one is really nice & i like the 5'5 model, i will go get it lol. Most likely either the 64GB or 128GB model i will get. I know the 6 Plus is more but oh well lol.

Here is the official comparision sheet from Apple. It shows all the devices they currently have plus the iPhone 6 & 6 Plus.    http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

Just to clarify, if I renew my contract I can pick up the phone for the same price as a new customer? I've been with Rogers for over 5 years and recently have been getting discounted offers to upgrade to iPhone 5. Is there any way to apply this to the new iPhone?

Also, I have a good plan that works for me. More data, less minutes. I was contacted a couple weeks ago about updating my plan, and to be honest their offer didn't work for me. Less data for more money. Am I going to have to give up my plan if I upgrade to this new device? I want to reserve a phone, but have concerns about going to pick it up and being blindsided by having to give in to an inferior plan.

Thanks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello analogboy

Yes it will be the same price as what a new customer would be paying BUT if you have a upgrade fee, you need to pay that ( Flextab). If you do not have one, you will just pay the device price on a 2 year term as they show it.

AS for the plan, Rogers requires you to get a new plan when you upgrade. The ones they offer. If you feel like you do not want to lose the plan you have, contact Rogers & see what they can do or offer you so you can keep it when upgrading. I had to do that a couple of weeks ago so i do not lose my plan.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

VoLTE, not VoLET 😉
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello gisuck

Yes VoLTE. Sorry been writing some much that i have made a few errors 😛