Apple iPhone 5S & 5C Questions / Reservations number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 5S & 5C Questions / Reservations number!

Hello akr32

Rogers will be putting the iPhone 5C on the reservation TOMORROW Friday the 13th. Not today. That is why you are seeing that message. When doing a reservation, you will only be able to pick the device / color & GB model. Please be advised you will NOT see prices. The prices most likely will be the same as what i posted. If anything, they will post prices most likely tomorrow or sometime on Monday.
I Plan to Stick Around

Fido just said you cannot reserve the 5s only 5c, you can only get the 5s thorough apple . Is this the case for roger as well ?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is the case for EVERY carrier in canada, US, etc.  NO ONE is doing 5s reservations

I'm a Senior Enthusiast

Wow, can't believe it's already been a year since I was checking this site frequently, it's nice to see you all. I won't be very much involved this year, as I have no interest in purchasing a new Iphone until next year. Just stopping in to say hello.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Luc112

Hello to you too!. I am still on the fence if i am getting the iPhone 5S or not. I am leaning towards yes but still thinking about it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Do I qualify for upgrade?

$45 - Talk & Text

$30 - 6 GB Data

$12.79 - iPhone VP

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Dimundz88

Yes you do as your voice and data all together are at $75. With your VP its $87.79. + taxes. You should be just fine:)
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, Meowmix.

Logically speaking, I should probably wait until next year to upgrade, but seeing as how I'm a bit of a tech geek who loves to have the latest and greatest, I want to get a 5S.

I do find it amazing how inept the CRTC is. After years of Canadians trying to get the organization to to finally crack down on the carriers' ridiculous policies, the CRTC finally imposed some restrictions, only for the carriers to swiftly find new ways to screw over customers. They can't impose 3 year contracts anymore so instead, they simply jacked up both the plan prices and the handset prices. Robellus is always 5 steps ahead of the CRTC.

The only silver lining in all of this is the fact that the upgrade fee dropped from $35 to $15 this year.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello heyyoudvd

Honestly i buy every single phone that comes out with Rogers. I sell them after & buy another one & which one i like, i keep it.

Exactly!. It seems that we got the 2 year plans BUT carriers are doing more to get more out of us because of that lose. It seems that the CRTC is not looking at it properly here.

Yea admin fee has dropped from $35 to $15 yes BUT that is still something that should not be there. Its something that can easily be waived or stopped.

As for me? I most likely will get it BUT i told the managers that it will take me until December to pay it as i will split it inbetween 2 / 3 bills. This is the easist thing to do at this point. For someone that may not have all this money, i would not do it OR i would do it but talk to Rogers & let them know u will pay it a bit late. Yes a late fee charge will apply ( $2.95 per month) but its something to think about.

The one good thing out of this is that the iPhone 5 cases can work on the 5S. This is something i am happy about as cases are a bit lower now so i can get a decent case for a cheap price as compared to when they came out last year lol. Most high end cases will stay the same price or jack them up for the 5S sell.

I Plan to Stick Around

You got to switch to corp. I got iphone 5 last year, and will be getting iphone 5S for cost of device + $60 EUF. Keeping plan which is $50 and includes 6gb. That's the only way around the new rules.