Apple iPhone 5S & 5C Questions / Reservations number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Apple iPhone 5S & 5C Questions / Reservations number!

Thank you meowmix,
I'm going to be working out of town next week, and I have a feeling that's when the phone is going to come in...I wanted to surprise the wife with it, but I'm afraid I'll have to tell her to go pick it up.
Highlighted

I can almost see the warehouse full of iPhones ready to be shipped, and some guy that works for Apple just sitting there laughing at us while we wait...lol
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello canamera

You are welcome. See if another family member can pick it up & bring it too you or take the day off when it ships out & get it.
I Plan to Stick Around

@canamera

Fess up you're a double agent and really working for Apple and laughing at us chomping at the bit wanting our new toy :P.

Lol @magrat
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya, my wife's grey 5S shipped today also. My Note 3 is at the dealer but I am on vacation. I called and told them to hang on to both of them till I get back. Hopefully they don't sell them!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello swordfish

I doubt they will sell it as they did tell u they would keep it. Another rep may may it by accident but i doubt it. I got my note 3 today as well
I Plan to Stick Around

@swordfish99

My email says "Please note, the store will hold your Apple iPhone 5s 32GB Space Grey on your behalf until 10/11/2013 . If you don’t pick up your phone by this date we will make the device available to the next customer"

So they have to hold the phone for you for couple of weeks.
I Plan to Stick Around

If Apple really did sell 9 million over the first weekend for both the 5s and 5c combined, then that means Apple only produced in between 5000 to 10000 5s's give or take initially! This is my own calculations so I could be wrong. But if I'm right, news media outlets were correct when they said "Report: U.S. carriers to have "grotesquely" low iPhone 5S inventories".
http://seekingalpha.com/currents/post/1284512
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2013/09/23First-Weekend-iPhone-Sales-Top-Nine-Million-Sets-New-Recor...
I Plan to Stick Around

Also, apparently Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. aka Foxconn Technology Group, the place where the idevices are manufactured as well as electronics for other brands "pumps out 137,000 iPhones per day", according to the link below:
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2010/09/12/this-is-where-your-iphone-is-made/

Mind you, this is a 2010 article.