cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

77 REPLIES 77

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

lannoc
I'm a Senior Enthusiast
It appears they are waiving early upgrade fees. I had one on Friday, today it is $0. Now if I can just get them to give me a better plan. I haven't had much luck in that department.

Crvn
I Plan to Stick Around

To everyone who got their early upgrade fees removed:

My 3 year contact started on November 2010 so I have a year+ left on my account and was told that I would have to pay $182 for hardware upgrade in addition to the price of the phone itself. By "early upgrade fee," are you guys referring to the early hardware upgrade fee?

If so, how did you guys get the fees removed? What was the apple and roger deal? I would love to have this removed or reduced if at all possible. I'm wondering how I should go about doing so and speak with which department...

Thanks!!!

btw I was 296 on white 16gb and it also says in progress 🙂

lannoc
I'm a Senior Enthusiast
If you call Rogers, I bet your upgrade fee shows $0. Mine went from $156 to nothing.

lannoc
I'm a Senior Enthusiast
@crvn
I just called *611 on my cell and asked about my upgrade fee. It is now $0.

gs9
I've Been Around

I just called *611 and the automated message said $229 (+$10 fee) to upgrade to the 16GB.  I signed up for a 3-yr contract a little over 2 years ago when I got the iPhone 4.  It said $229 (+$0 fee) for my wife who got her iPhone 3GS and 3-yr contract almost 3 years ago.  Is that what other people are getting?

How do I know if I'm getting the $50 rebate?

BTW, we were #20 & #37 and now are "in progress".

Crvn
I Plan to Stick Around

My hardware upgrade fee is $20 maybe that's cus I still have 15 months left on my contract?

still, a lot better than $182 so I'm happy!!

kimbahlee
I've Been Around

Hey im trying to reserve and im on the last page just need to click the "reserve" button and i have clicked it about 15 times and nothing is happening. any suggestions???

melissa22
I've Been Here Awhile

It sounds like you might be using Internet explore 9.  This is a common issue with IE9.  Try with another browser and you will likely have no issue submitting this.  If issues persists try contacting rogers.com support by chat via the contact us section on rogers.com

julienk
I Plan to Stick Around

Just went to check if my position on the waitlist had changed and my status has changed to "In Progress".  Says they will be sending me an email with the shipping details soon.  My hopes off recieving my phone on or near launch day just went up!

Rawkis
I've Been Around

If you are still getting an error when you try to reserve your phone and it says that you may not be eligible, here is what I just did that fixed the issue:

1. Removed my wireless account number in MyRogers

2. Signed up for a new MyRogers account with a different email address

3. Added my wireless account number to this new MyRogers account

4. Reserved my iphone and voila - everything worked perfectly

Only 36 hours of attempts before I figured this out.

Hope it works for anyone else still having an access problem.

CL008
I Plan to Stick Around

once gain, thanks you MEOWMIX! 🙂 

chrisman66
I Plan to Stick Around
was #1863 yesterday just looked now and I am #943

*fingers crossed*

lannoc
I'm a Senior Enthusiast
I hope I don't find out different when I get my phone.

Crvn
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya my upgrade fee was $182 on thursday night when I called to ask about preorders. Today, it's been reduced to $20

rkoshack
I'm a Regular
Alright so I called retentions just now. Originally my EUF was going to be $338 then today it had been reduced to $150 and now they offered to cut in half so it's now $75. It's not zero like I was hoping for but it's something. Thankyou very much to meowmix and heyyoudvd for your advice

0nly-0ne-N0w
I Plan to Stick Around

To find out if my fee was taken away I phonhed thsi afternoon and just asked what my EUF was, and the guy on the phone told me it was $0. So I am hoping that has not changed though what others are saying now has me worried.

lannoc
I'm a Senior Enthusiast
If you call and find out different, please let us know.

rkoshack
I'm a Regular
@heyyoudvd

I got the same question as you except mine is 64gb white 4S. I'm gonna try for $500

AAMN
I Plan to Stick Around

Here's a question

I am no longer locked into a contract and I have been with Rogers for 10+ years.  I've spoken to 2 different customer retention reps now and they have both told me that they can't offer me any rebates or incentives for signing on to another 3 year plan with Rogers on the iphone 5.

It seems a little unfair that Rogers is willing to wave anywhere from $5-$300 off accounts that would have had to pay an early upgrade fee but for someone who is free to walk away without having to pay anything at all - they won't give any incentive to.

Any suggestions on how I can work around this?

lannoc
I'm a Senior Enthusiast
Is that still something I can use for ammo if necessary?

Ducker
I Plan to Stick Around
Funny thing is I'm not usually one to push for a deal...it was the stories I read here tonight that made me call back...glad I did!!
Also, are all current iPhone users getting the full subsidy? I was really surprised, and very happy. My EUF was 143...plus the 279 plus 35. Now it's just the 279!!!!